PDA

View Full Version : Need Help or Inspiration

bundyrum68
18th March 2008, 09:34 PM
Found an odd piece of Paerbark on my property the other day & thought it may turn up something interesting!!
Mounted it on the lathe & proceeded to make some shavings. Below is what I have finished up with so far. I like the natural edge on top & have faced off the base hoping some ideas would come to mind on what to do with the bottom end. The natural hole goes right through & is approx 2" wide....

Any ideas or suggestions on how to complete would be welcomed?????
:?:?:?

Steve

funkychicken
18th March 2008, 09:42 PM
Leave it as is

artme
18th March 2008, 09:51 PM
Almost inclined to agree with the feathered one but if you plug the bottom you could stand some tasteful dried flower arrangements in there. Make a good display piece with that wonderfully wild exterior.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

wheelinround
19th March 2008, 01:49 AM
agree leave it looks great

OGYT
19th March 2008, 09:41 AM
What they said. Interesting piece of wood!

Rum Pig
19th March 2008, 10:59 AM
Looks good to me. Plug it if you wish to use it or just leave it. It is a good lookig peace of wood.

Cheers Rum pig:drink2:

Sebastiaan56
19th March 2008, 12:51 PM
See if you can get a shot glass to fit inside it and then......

hooppine
19th March 2008, 06:49 PM
If you had another piece of that timber you may be able to turn out a saucer shape with a spigot in the centre, turn out a matching hole in the vase, join the two so that you end up with a vase in a saucer but in one piece. That is only if you want to do something more with it. I have no doubt if you leave it as it is someone will pick it up to view the hole. Most people I know look to the bottom of wood turnings.

madcraft
20th March 2008, 12:06 AM
Any ideas or suggestions on how to complete would be welcomed?????

Steve

Hi Steve

Looks perfect already like the say goes "It is what it is Mate"

Cheers
Glenn

artme
20th March 2008, 08:03 AM
See if you can get a shot glass to fit inside it and then......

Now why didn't I think of that??!!:doh::doh::doh: