PDA

View Full Version : brass slotted Head woodscrews

SteveD
20th March 2008, 01:18 PM
Hi all,

This is my first post and I know the question has been raised before but I am after any suppliers that mail order and have sloted head wood screws (brass) not the miniature ones for boxes and so on as I am making a wine rack and they are to be a feature.

I have got the Lee Valley in Canada's price but was after an Australian alternative if possible. I had one company tell me they were non longer made but seem to be readily available in the US acording to Google.

Any ideas or pointers would be greatly apprciated from anyone who has recently bought some.

rowie
20th March 2008, 03:43 PM
Welcome Steve, what sizes & quantity are you after? I might just have what you are looking for.
I just checked, most of the brass ones are machine thread, the woodscrews are mostly steel or zinc plated. The best I could do is 40 #8 screws x 2 1/4" long.

SteveD
20th March 2008, 05:49 PM
Thanks Rowie for the offer,

I was after the brass ones and they are probably too long anyway. The hunt continues.

Wizened of Oz
20th March 2008, 11:21 PM
Goods & Chattels list up to 1-1/2 x#8

www.goodsandchattels.com.au/

skot
10th April 2008, 08:09 PM
SteveD,
I inherited a crate of Brass Screws as you described from my wife's uncle....an old handyman. If you PM me with the sizes you require I'll see if I have any.

Cheers