PDA

View Full Version : MujingFung Handplanes

silentC
16th January 2004, 02:04 PM
Just to show you all how dedicated I am, I've just walked six blocks to Paul's City Hardware, in the rain I might add (bloody Sydney weather), to pick up some of the aforementioned planes.

So what do I find when I get there? Only two sizes the unfashionable 'small wooden plane with handles' and the equally unpopular 25cm job. Now come on, fess up, which one of you lot was in there yesterday sweeping out all the left over odd sizes? They told me someone was in there and I'll bet it was one of you.

I wasn't leaving empty handed, so I took one of each. I'm now looking forward to "beautiful finishing" of my "High-quality handicraft woodwork". I am also pleased to see that I "can treat it as an article", just in case I can't work out how to use it.

craigb
16th January 2004, 02:20 PM
It was Arron:

seeing the price of them on the US website, I thought I had better drop into Pauls on the way home. One of the shop staff said that they had them because the factory had closed down and they had bought all the remaining stock they were offered. There wont be any more.

From the thread "those chinese handplanes"

Wongo
16th January 2004, 02:57 PM
Broody hell,

I was thinking of going but didn’t because of the rain.

silentC
16th January 2004, 03:20 PM
You should have told me. You could've bought me a beer instead :rolleyes: