PDA

View Full Version : Steady time

BobL
25th March 2008, 05:49 PM
I posted some pics of my 3 point steady I made over easter in the home made jigs and rigs forum but I don't see many of you guys visiting that forum so I hate you to miss out. If you are interested go here (http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=69310).

So where should I post turning jigs and rigs, here or there? Or maybe we need a new forum for "turning jigs and rigs"

Cheers

hughie
25th March 2008, 08:56 PM
Bob,

Post it here save me looking any further :U

That sir, is a fine piece of work. :2tsup: Just goes to show one mans junk is anothers gold.

Good piece of lateral thinking, it never ceases to maze me what is thrown away that has many uses still

dai sensei
25th March 2008, 09:03 PM
Thanks for posting here, I missed it under the other forum. Looks like another beaut, like most of your stuff Bob.

BobL
25th March 2008, 11:45 PM
Thanks for all the feedback guys - much appreciated. 5 full days of projects over the easter weekend without SWMBO - well 3.5 days really because I had to work half of Good Friday, I spent half of Saturday on the scrounge for metal, and easter sunday I went to visit my folks. For the first time ever I've taken on a small job making a small set of tools for someone and all I seem to do is procrastinate and divert myself to other seemingly more interesting projects. I keep thinking about doing this full time but if I keep doing this I couldn't make enough to pay the bills.

Cheers

OGYT
26th March 2008, 01:35 PM
Awesome steady rest! Well done!
I like using junk stuff to make good stuff.
Looks like you do too! :clap: :2tsup: