PDA

View Full Version : Sheppach Planer Thicknesser - hm 260

gpsmith
18th January 2004, 06:41 PM
I have been trying to find the importer - if there is still one in Australia - of Sheppach machinery. I have a Kombi HM260 planer thicknesser and I would like to get new blades or replacement blades.
Can anybody give me information or alternatives to the genuine article?

Regards,
G. P. Smith

woodrat
16th August 2004, 10:46 PM
Hi, I have a Sheppach HMT 260 planer and I got 3mm "Double C" HSS blades for it from Huntington or Huntingdon saw service in Melbourne. The blades need to be ground down to I think 18mm to fit the Sheppach. Carbatec is now the Sheppach dealer in Australia. I hope that this helps. Regards John.

gpsmith
16th August 2004, 11:00 PM
Thanks,
after posting the request - I found a saw sharpener near the old Coburg/Newlands Drive-in Theatre who not only sharpened the old blades but made me a replacement set at about 60% the cost of the genuine imported blades - which were not in stock.
If and when interested I have a source for the drive belt - It finally gave up (after 15+ years) when a friend was trying to take about 8mm off in one go - my back up belt just disintegrated.
Regards,
gpsmith

skot
17th August 2004, 09:42 PM
I believe the distributor for Sheppach machinery is Carb-a-tec. I have seen them at their stores, if you need to know for the future.

smeds
17th August 2004, 09:58 PM
I've seen these machines advertised at carbatec, are they as good as they say they are, as their combination thicknesser/planers look quite good