PDA

View Full Version : sander sealed & delivered...no photos

kekemo
4th April 2008, 12:59 AM
Hi everyone....bet you all thought that I was being slack.....well sorry ...to disappoint....just the opposite....lets see....this is how it unflolded....
Son decides to rent his house out....mum ...there's a few things that I will have to get you to do..gives me a list as he's hopping on flight( do I kiss him/or kill him)..I returned home sunday.....didn't stop...went over & dug the super 66 sheet in & replaced it....then started cleaning up....ok....by Tuesday she was spick & span(house & most of yard)...now only have to do front lawn & bring boat & trailer over here....still running around looking for special 2000kg weight axel supports for storage trailer...too much gear on it....all Wades work tools & trailer(now in my garage)....think that's organized for tomorrow...finally found a steel fabrication...that managed to cut another torsion bar for me...$30....amazing...so tomorrow I will return there with....a six pack beer & some homemake saucage rolls....pay's to look after the guys that help....

Now...on Sunday met the young girl that is going to rent my sons house....this is a private rental....Wade has known this young lady for many years....went to school with her....and being a single mother doesnt' have much Wade said would I keep & eye on her & help ....thinking that will be good way to keep an eye on property... I asked her what furniture she had to move in with...her answer was I have a bed for my son...but I only have a double matteress....I don't have a bed yet....I was stunned...so told her I would make a bed for her to have while she was there...

....for the past two months lady in the next street...has a double bed base & top standing outside against the shed wall....she usually has garage sales every darn week...but as the bed was incomplete....no-one wanted it...so called in to see what she wanted for it...she said she wanted to get rid of it...."take it"...so I thanked her told her what it was for...brought it home sanded it back to natural....cut of the four big bobbles...LOL they looked like four big skittles when I cut them off.../ bed now looks sensational.... I do the rubbish recycle....verge crawl... still had about 6 ....140 x 35mm bed sides rails....matched them up...cut some good slats....started it tuesday...finished it yesterday ...delivered it today....couldn't believe how nice it turned out.....told her....she can use while she stays .....when she leaves it can stay there....didn't think that was too bad...an offer...could bare the thought of her sleeping on a matteress on floor...will do some other small pieces....serves two purposes....keeps me intouch....& I can see whats going on.....she's seems a nice young gilrl....suppose its time some-one did something nice to help her...You can really see how much she loved it.

So....sorry no photo...but going back over tomorrow...will see if I can get snaps .....I sanded back to natural colour & varnished....looks ok for a quick fix job....
ok....that's all for tongiht.....
Hope to hear from some others....

rat52
4th April 2008, 07:46 AM
You are one incredible lady.:2tsup:

Ivan in Oz
4th April 2008, 08:04 AM
WOW Gal,

I started to get Tired just reading that....:U

Then I realised that I was reading it quicker and QUICKER,
just like a good Novel.

Well Done:2tsup:

lubbing5cherubs
4th April 2008, 08:55 AM
Great job. It always nice to see nice deeds being done
Toni

flynnsart
4th April 2008, 04:40 PM
boy you make me feel like an old phart, just got home from work and too tired to go out to the workshop today, not that I can get in there, is crowded out with hubbys projects, no room for me

Donna

kekemo
4th April 2008, 07:28 PM
....Sorry that I can't show you big picture...didn't want to invade the young girls privacy too much...asked if I could take a few snaps up close...mainly the colour of the timber...you can get the gist...from these...anyway...

...on the top & base there was a huge "bobble...orb" sticking up...cut them off with the old hand saw, gee what a difference it made to the bed...then sanded back...as you can see the groove is still the same stain....thought it looked like a feature...on the bottem of the legs you can see the colour didn't come right off...but believe it adds to the character....better than sleeping on the floor...didn't sand off the reverse side of bed head...that's always against the wall anyway...but did do the base both sides....looks great...she's happy...now going to start aside bench for kitchen area for her....but not planning on starting that until Monday ....so lady's I will take a break over the weekend...promised my daughter's friend I would help her shift house this weekend....mmm(stupid wasn't I!!!!!)
By then I will be suffering withdrawlal sympthoms....I'll be like a bear with a sore head....fancy not being in my shed for two whole days.....

NOT GOOD!!!(sob sob....need my shed)
Oh gosh & when I saw the matteress....it's not a standard double...either...so I will be on the lookout for a good quality one, we have a site called "free-cycle" they are usually really good...so will look for one for her on there.....I am amazed some young ones really do battle...I am glad I can help....again...wasn't anyone there to help me...so it's more important now for me to help others, as I know what's its like to battle alone!

bye.....

artme
6th April 2008, 02:58 PM
:2tsup:Looks really good kekemo!:2tsup::2tsup: