PDA

View Full Version : Nova DVR - anyone use them

martink
24th January 2004, 11:53 PM
Hi all,

I am looking at buying a new lathe that will last me a lifetime. After much reasearch, have pretty much decided on the nova dvr. Has anyone used one of these, how did you find them? Have read pleanty of reviews in magazines etc, just looking for forther opinion.

Thanks,

Martin.

Kev Y.
25th January 2004, 08:42 AM
Hi Martin, I have been the proud owner/user of the Nova DVR for about 18 months now, and I am extremely happy with the machine. as far as I am concerned you can not find a better lathe.

I have spent a small amount of time on other lathes and find the DVR far superior.

do not delay, go straight to your DVR supplier today!

Kev

Jim Carroll
25th January 2004, 11:38 AM
I may be a bit biased but the DVR is a great lathe, easy to use , change speeds and can do a great range of work.

Red neck
25th January 2004, 11:48 AM
Martink

Excellent lathe. I have had mine for about two months after researching the Vicmarc and the Woodfast. The areas that swayed me most were the variable speed capability and the lack of drive belts. Belt slippage accounts for some 20% loss in power at the chuck. A spin-off is the smooth delivery of power to the chuck

Carroll's Woodcraft Supplies probably offers the best price without haggling. Other suppliers are Gary Pye Woodworking, MIK and Gregory Machinery in Brisbane. All have internet sites.

Try this link for some recommendations: http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6289