PDA

View Full Version : Hollowing tool

Fredo
22nd April 2008, 08:10 PM
Hi all,
I have made some changes to my hollowing tool since I last posted, here are some pics.

Firstly, I have modified the top arm, making it longer for better control. I have mounted the tool shaft on the outside of the top arm to allow easy adjustment of tool overhang at the rest. The tool shaft is double ended and reversible, having a proforme cutter on one end and a round scraper the other (scraper not shown in pics). I have also shortened the pivot support and spaced the arms down to allow more room for my elbow which makes for more user-friendly operation.

I'm happy with it at this stage.

Fredo :)

Cliff Rogers
22nd April 2008, 10:01 PM
:2tsup:

Lots of engineering washers. :D

TTIT
23rd April 2008, 12:00 AM
:2tsup:

Lots of engineering washers. :DWashers?!?!.... or some type of thrust bearing??? Setup still looks good Fredo :2tsup: - very tidy. I'm still looking out for the bits and pieces to start making mine - will have to make a more concerted effort once the show is out of the way.

hughie
23rd April 2008, 05:12 PM
I have made some changes to my hollowing tool since I last posted, here are some pics.

Fredo,

I like the changes especially to the long tool bar. :2tsup: The is not available on any I have seen to date.

Fredo
23rd April 2008, 10:13 PM
Almost Cliff, and TTIT, you're right, Torrington thrust bearings and hardened washers. Automotive parts I accquired in a former life as a mechanic.

Hugie, the tool shaft is a three-quarter inch chrome molly bar that has been shortened to a sensible length. A round scraper has been fitted since the pics were taken.

Fredo :)

hughie
23rd April 2008, 10:35 PM
the tool shaft is a three-quarter inch chrome molly bar that has been shortened to a sensible length. A round scraper has been fitted since the pics were taken.

Nice one! no flex there :2tsup: