PDA

View Full Version : A great gloat based on something not so great

killerbeast
29th April 2008, 08:03 PM
Well i have a great gloat.. but itīs based on something not that great.
2 years ago i busted up my left knee (complete mash up) i have been through surgery and traning more or less since, the knee is "ok" but not 100% more like 80%...
But today i got an SMS from my bank (i have auto sms service when i receive deposits) and i said that i had gotten a LARGE deposit.. i checked and lo and behold !! money from my insurance company

So now im taking the misses on a short weekend trip to somewhere nice.. and !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Getting a new LATHE And a bandsaw !!!!!!!

Lathe will be(i think) Jet 3520B (powermatic in mayo disguise) and a brand new band saw (don't know witch yet)

So the gloat is getting a real lathe... the sad thing is i would rater have a 100% working knee... from one that knows TAKE GOoD CARE OF YOUR KNEES!!

Harry72
29th April 2008, 09:59 PM
Dicky knee not good, but good luck with your new acquisitions!

Check twice!
29th April 2008, 10:54 PM
I was about 25 and had to have operation on my left knee (4 more since the first in 1972) and have had about 75% use since then.
This was not a problem until 2008 when I fractured my right heel. 4 screws and 2 operations have made me mobile again, but I did not realize the impact my first operation in 72, has had on me until my factured of my right heel.

Look after the knee, you only have one good one left. :)

Good hunting for your new toys........ the difference between men and boys, "the price of their toys".

Have a great wood working day!
John

robyn2839
29th April 2008, 11:28 PM
i am getting two new titanium ones in a couple of months, getting both done at once,wish i had of looked after my knees instead of crawling around on them for 25 years, and i dont mean at home groveling for more tools either...............bob

Check twice!
29th April 2008, 11:39 PM
Bob

I found groveling (even on the knees) does not work near as well as all out "crying" with the puppy dog look!

John

Zarguld
30th April 2008, 12:29 AM
Glad to hear that you are at least getting some good out of you injured knee....

OGYT
30th April 2008, 07:10 AM
Congratulations on the new stuff!! Soon as you get it all set up in turning and sawing order, poof!!! Your knee will be back to 100%. :D I predict this... or actually, I hope this for you. :U

artme
30th April 2008, 07:43 AM
I shall inspect your aquisitions when I get to Denmark!:D:D:p:p

Have fun in the meantime.

killerbeast
30th April 2008, 03:48 PM
Artme : Absolutly :-) im shure we can find somthing to make into lots and lots of curlies ... i might find something that you havent got access to... maybee..

Thank you all :-) im looking forward to getting my new toys very much, but i will be at least an other month before i get my new stuff... must get to clearing out room in the shop :-) And i still have to figure out witch bandsav to get....