PDA

View Full Version : Bevel Routing Guide.

Sturdee
1st February 2004, 04:17 PM
I have built what I call a " bevel routing guide " jig for my Triton router table which uses a high fence ( 200mm) and can be set at any angle from horizontal up to 90 % vertical. The whole setup consists of two separate jigs, being the main fence and a support jig to assist in routing large pieces at various angles.

Whilst it is designed for the current Triton router table it can easily be adapted for other routing tables.

This is a picture of the 2 jigs.

Peter.

Sturdee
1st February 2004, 04:19 PM
And the back view

Sturdee
1st February 2004, 04:22 PM
and a side view with the fence at an agle. Notice that the top on the dust collection port slides out for safety.

Sturdee
1st February 2004, 04:24 PM
This picture shows the second jig lifted up to support a board sandwiched between the two jigs.

Sturdee
1st February 2004, 04:26 PM
Here the main jig on the bench showing the underside of the jig.

Sturdee
1st February 2004, 04:28 PM
The second jig, which fits into the router table opening, on the bench for a clearer view.

Sturdee
1st February 2004, 04:32 PM
And the second jig in the two parts. The metal slides is the alum T-Track from Capral suitably altered to make sliding hinges and tighted with 1/4 " coach bolts.

NOLID
4th February 2004, 12:07 PM
Hi from the U.K.,you are agem I have saved this and will build one tomrrr.although I don't have a Triton bench I'm sure I can modify,get your's patented it will sell like mad, good luck,NOLID.

barrysumpter
6th February 2004, 08:22 AM
Another Absolutely Briliiant Design !

Jeez ! Thats nice.

Sturdee! My Man! You Rock! Hard !

Alex
25th February 2004, 01:40 AM
Geez man

This and the others are simply briliant stuff. Simply safe, practical and above all smart stuff. You should talk to someone and protect your "intelectual asset"

Be smart

Sturdee
25th February 2004, 05:26 PM
Alex,

Thanks for kind comments, and you raise some serious points.

Whilst I will always retain my rights to my "intellectual assets" , I am only too willing, like others on this BB, to share them ( and even help with clarifying details for those who want to build them ) without any payment. I do this as we can all learn and become better by helping each other.
However, if I find that someone makes money from my ideas without my permission than that becomes another matter.

About 7/8 years ago I had my own personal safety wake up call ( nothing serious - just shot a 3" nail from a framing gun into my knee ) and therefore in designing jigs etc I am very carefull about the safety aspectof them. A lot of jigs I see I consider to be unsafe, and an accident waiting to happen, as often the sawblade or router bit is exposed before, during or after the cut. Whilst this may be okay to some, IMHO I would not use them but search for a better way.

It may often mean building a new jig which makes another tool do the job, but that is half the fun of woodworking.
If, as a self confessed power tool junkie, I can avoid becoming a "Neanderthal" and not use handtools but a jig with my power tools so much the better.

Peter.