PDA

View Full Version : Circle sanding jig

Sturdee
1st February 2004, 04:47 PM
I have made a circle sanding jig for my disk sander. Whilst it is made for my 12" sander it can be adapted to other sizes.
At the bottom it has adjustable stops so it can slide from left to right so the whole width of the sander can be used. It can be used to make any size of circle as the part holding the rough cut disk can be adjusted.
The main photo shows a rough cut disk ready for sanding and one the same size completed.

Sturdee
1st February 2004, 04:49 PM
This shows the bottom with the adjustable slides

Sturdee
1st February 2004, 04:51 PM
This shows the adjustable arm details.

Peter.

Caliban
9th February 2004, 01:51 PM
Peter
just when I thought I'd have to buy a lathe, you've come up with a solution to one of my problems.
You are a source of much wisdom.
cheers
Jim

Sturdee
9th February 2004, 05:15 PM
Thanks Jim.
If you are regularly making wheels for toys I would make a couple of sliding inserts and instead of a thin nail to turn the wheel on I would use a dowel the size of the axle the wheel is to go on.

Peter.

Bears Den
2nd March 2004, 06:58 PM
Sturdee, I have looked at many of your posts. I am new to the board but all I can say is wow!!! You do great work. I am a huge self made jig fan! I cant wait to learn more from you.

Thanks

Sturdee
2nd March 2004, 07:50 PM
Thanks, Bear and welcome to this BB. Perhaps you could post some pics of the jigs you have made so I can learn from you as well.

Peter.

Ben from Vic.
2nd March 2004, 11:09 PM
Geez, you can always tell the Triton owners.
They paint everything orange!

Only joking. nice work. :)

Ben