PDA

View Full Version : Ceramic Grinder Mechanism

ceejays
26th May 2008, 12:30 PM
Hi all,

I'm am amateur woodturner based in Wellington, New Zealand, who is after some ceramic grinder mechanisms to build salt and pepper grinders with.
I have had an order with our local woodturning supply shop for over a year now but they seem to have difficulties supplying them.

Does anyone know of suppliers in Sydney for this kind of thing? I am in Sydney with work for the next two weeks and thought I might have more luck finding them there than in NZ.

I would prefer 10 inch mechanisms but will pretty much take what I can get at this stage!

Cheers Chris

DJ’s Timber
26th May 2008, 12:38 PM
Don't know of a supplier in Sydney but I get mine via Mail from Jim & Irene at CWS (http://cws-store.yahoostore.com.au/cgi/index.cgi/shopfront/view_product_details?category_id=1107144815&product_id=1107452150) and they are very good and also very reasonable with their postal charges as well.

hughie
26th May 2008, 04:39 PM
Don't know of a supplier in Sydney but I get mine via Mail from Jim & Irene at CWS (http://cws-store.yahoostore.com.au/cgi/index.cgi/shopfront/view_product_details?category_id=1107144815&product_id=1107452150) and they are very good and also very reasonable with their postal charges as well

Yep, thats my evaulation of Jim and the service he provides. :2tsup:

Go for it, you maybe able to get GST free...............maybe.:U

Jim Carroll
26th May 2008, 06:19 PM
Chris will you still be here for the Sydney Working with wood show.
13-15th of June as we will be there with all our goods including the crushgrind mechanisms.

ceejays
2nd June 2008, 01:54 PM
Chris will you still be here for the Sydney Working with wood show.
13-15th of June as we will be there with all our goods including the crushgrind mechanisms.
Thanks for the reply Jim.
Unfortunately I will not be in Sydney during the show - I am currently doing 2 week stints in New Zealand followed by 2 week stints in Sydney, and the weekend of the show just happens to be smack bang in the middle of my New Zealand weeks.
I have noted your website address though - you can expect me to be putting orders in sometime in the near future!
Cheers Chris