PDA

View Full Version : Woodcut Shepid/Mighty Midget hollowing tool

Mulgabill
29th May 2008, 08:13 PM
Looking for help??
I have come by one of the above hollowing tools. I think I have the name right?? :? Unfortunately the Instructions cannot be located and I am looking for a copy of the original instructions. I have emailed Woodcut and as it is a discontinued line they have not kept them.
Hoping someone on this knowledge bank can help.

rsser
29th May 2008, 10:27 PM
Can you post some pics Russell?

There's nothing new under the sun, except one or two of Hughie's hollowing tips ;-}

Jim Carroll
30th May 2008, 09:34 AM
They are not a hard tool to use but needs caution when first using it.

Keep the gap between the cutter and the gaurd close and do it on an open form so you can see when the cut comes in.

Mulgabill
30th May 2008, 07:19 PM
Thanks for you reply Jim. I will try as suggested.

Ern. Some images of the tool attached for your interest and comment:wink:.

Cheers

rsser
30th May 2008, 10:26 PM
Well Russell, looking at the pics, with Jim's comments in mind ...

I'd be closing the cap to cutting edge gap right down. Maybe a mm or less. And the tip would give you a pretty agressive cut so watch out.

You're not so far away so why not bring her down for a play, and you can get a feel for some other economical options for hollowing too that you can knock up at home, like an Oland tool.

TTIT
31st May 2008, 01:29 AM
Yup! Bought a pair of them suckers off Ebay. 1 straight, 1 swan-necked.

Used 'em once.

Mate used it once.

Broke a cutter.

:C

Mulgabill
31st May 2008, 02:14 PM
Yes TTIT, The cutters are not cheap, around the $30 mark.:oo:

Ern, I'll take you comments and Jim's on board when I have time to play, and if not successful I will pay you a long overdue visit.:2tsup:

Cheers!

Terrymac
31st May 2008, 05:48 PM
G'day Russell. I've had one of these for a few years. It seems to go ok.
I have a one page instruction sheet which I'd be happy to send to you. I tried to scan it and it came up illegible.
If you send me a postal address I'll photocopy the instructions and mail them.
Setting the cutter close to the guard is the secret, otherwise the chips clog it up.
Cheers
Terry

Looking for help??
I have come by one of the above hollowing tools. I think I have the name right?? :? Unfortunately the Instructions cannot be located and I am looking for a copy of the original instructions. I have emailed Woodcut and as it is a discontinued line they have not kept them.
Hoping someone on this knowledge bank can help.

Simomatra
31st May 2008, 06:02 PM
Will see if I still have the instruction

Mulgabill
31st May 2008, 08:24 PM
G'day Russell. I've had one of these for a few years. It seems to go ok.
I have a one page instruction sheet which I'd be happy to send to you. I tried to scan it and it came up illegible.
If you send me a postal address I'll photocopy the instructions and mail them.
Setting the cutter close to the guard is the secret, otherwise the chips clog it up.
Cheers
Terry

Much appreciated Terry:2tsup:, PM sent.