PDA

View Full Version : radio aerial

nine fingers
31st May 2008, 06:10 PM
While interstate I happened to break the aerial on my Pajero,
a power unit ,broke off at the first section.(my fault):-
Went to Mitsubshi in a large city about repair or replacement. Was told I would have to replace the complete unit, ok how much, $564 plus instalation of $179:o. Afer I picked myself up from the floor the salesman asked if I was a pensioner:C, I would have to say yes ,ok ,it wil be $380 plus instal.
Rang around to find a car radio place that knew what the trouble was , he told me to purchase a mast and rope from Mitsubishi ($99) and he would fit it for minimum charge 1 hour. I love my Pajero:2tsup: , but these spare part prices are out of this world .:o
cheers nine fingers.

Claw Hama
31st May 2008, 06:22 PM
I had the one on my Jeep break also, similar phone call to a dealer, now it has a small black stripe of electical tape holding it up. Works and looks just fine.

DavidG
31st May 2008, 06:28 PM
Coat hangers work well and easily replaced when the trees remove it ...again....:C

dazzler
31st May 2008, 06:30 PM
Pull yours out (prob have to remove inner guard black plastic guard) which will reveal the aerial. It should be held in by a nutish thing at the top (on top of guard usually silver with a couple of slots) Once it is undone the aerial shaft should be removable from under the guard.

Unplug the aerial from the wire that goes to the radio. Now off to supercheap or repco and see if yours is similar to the generic ones they sell for $20. If it is your in business otherwise go to mitsu spares and get one and replace it. At least youll save on labour.

Only issue is you may need a special tool to undo the top nut.