PDA

View Full Version : Something different

Mrs Woodpecker
1st June 2008, 06:26 PM
Love Wood Shows! Found a new toy at Jim Carroll's stand, and had to buy one to try. I used Sandalwood. The colours are great. Finished with Triple EEE and Shellawax.
Regards,
Shirley

Skew ChiDAMN!!
1st June 2008, 07:21 PM
Nice! Very nice indeed!

littlebuddha
1st June 2008, 07:34 PM
I hate wine stoppers, why would anyone make one for, it only means you have to leave something in the bottle:D nice bit of wood, looks like one of those very tactile pieces, only thing why one there should be more:wink: Have fun..LB:2tsup:

Chipman
1st June 2008, 07:37 PM
Really nice piece of wood and nicely crafted Mrs W:2tsup:

Chipman:)

artme
1st June 2008, 07:44 PM
:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:Beaut bit of work.
next time you're down this way you can try it for size with my reds.:D:D:p:p

ticklingmedusa
1st June 2008, 09:21 PM
beautiful...
very nicely done
tm

Mrs Woodpecker
1st June 2008, 10:34 PM
I hate wine stoppers, why would anyone make one for, it only means you have to leave something in the bottle:D nice bit of wood, looks like one of those very tactile pieces, only thing why one there should be more:wink: Have fun..LB:2tsup:

Don't worry LB. I have turned another 2, and hope to get a few more fittings when I go to Bris this week to pick up my new " big toy " - the lathe.
Cheers, Shirley

TTIT
1st June 2008, 10:56 PM
Isn't that False Sandalwood a pleasure to turn Shirley !!!:U Looks great the way you've used it too.

So enough of the suspense (unless I missed something?!) - what 'big' lathe did you end up deciding on ?????

ss_11000
2nd June 2008, 01:26 AM
thats one nice bit of wood mrs woodpecker:2tsup: and a even better bottle stopper:clap:

Gil Jones
2nd June 2008, 04:18 AM
That is an elegant bottle stopper, Shirley.
Attractive wood too; of a species we do not seem to have here.
:thyel:

OGYT
2nd June 2008, 08:53 AM
Well done, Ms Shirley. Very nice... needs to be in a bottle, though. :U

Mrs Woodpecker
2nd June 2008, 08:59 AM
Hi Vern,
That is the Sandalwood that Tom ( Mongrell ) gave me out at Glen Alva. I thought it was the real stuff. The smell is heavenly. I got the Woodfast WM 910. We kept going back to it at the show so made the decision to get it, and so far have had no negatives. I feel it will do all that I need. Thanks for the comments.
Regards,
Shirley

Isn't that False Sandalwood a pleasure to turn Shirley !!!:U Looks great the way you've used it too.

So enough of the suspense (unless I missed something?!) - what 'big' lathe did you end up deciding on ?????

Rum Pig
2nd June 2008, 09:04 AM
I have to agree with Littlebuddha I do not see the point in them, if you open a bottle you should have the decency to finish it.:D

Despite what I just said I love turning wine stoppers they are quick and good fun and make excellent gifts for Friends. You have done a great gob with some nice timber I normally just use off cuts but that really is nice:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Good luck with your new baby:U

wheelinround
2nd June 2008, 11:21 AM
Shirley nice work :2tsup:

Never mind poms don't have wine nice enough to keep they get all that french vinegar stuff

Mrs Woodpecker
2nd June 2008, 01:06 PM
Looks good on an empty bottle too - I tried it.

I have to agree with Littlebuddha I do not see the point in them, if you open a bottle you should have the decency to finish it.:D

Despite what I just said I love turning wine stoppers they are quick and good fun and make excellent gifts for Friends. You have done a great gob with some nice timber I normally just use off cuts but that really is nice:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Good luck with your new baby:U