PDA

View Full Version : Uto

TTIT
3rd June 2008, 09:03 AM
Unidentified Turning Object :o

A mate just picked up this lathe ( and 2 others) very cheap but it has no ID on it at all. He spent a day or so cleaning off the umpteen layers of paint that schools love to give their machinery each year and found nothing to indicate the maker/origin. Any clues????

robyn2839
3rd June 2008, 09:10 AM
woodfast ,looks the same as one that sold on ebay last week

Cliff Rogers
3rd June 2008, 09:18 AM
:whs:

Woodfast.

TTIT
3rd June 2008, 11:03 AM
Cool :2tsup: - any idea which model????

Jim Carroll
3rd June 2008, 01:12 PM
Woodfast identified their lathes by lenght of bed and height of centres.

If you look at the tailstock end of the bed this will indicate year of manufacture.

NeilS
3rd June 2008, 08:15 PM
.....any idea which model????

A fine old model!

I have a similar model to this one (but without the small parallel banjo rail). A solid bit of Aussie engineering from another era. Can't tell you a model number but I estimate that mine would have to be at least 40 years old now, and I expect it to be good for as many years to come.

Should provides a very sound base for any enhancements such as variable speed and outboard turning.

Neil

Cliff Rogers
4th June 2008, 09:21 AM
...Should provides a very sound base for any enhancements such as variable speed and outboard turning.....

Somewhere in my 'collection' I have some old Woodfast brochures, I can't find them yet but I haven't finished looking either.

TTIT
5th June 2008, 12:25 AM

Somewhere in my 'collection' I have some old Woodfast brochures, I can't find them yet but I haven't finished looking either.No worries Cliff - found an old thread that calls it a C1000 - that'll do us :2tsup:

Cliff Rogers
5th June 2008, 10:08 AM
Cool, I'll have a look in my filing cabinet at work the next time I'm there 'cos I reckon I have something somewhere.