PDA

View Full Version : Recipies

Fireguard
4th June 2008, 06:31 PM
G'day All,

I've been brewing beer for about 12-18 months using a few recipies that i've found or been given, but have'nt really found anything that I would describe as Brilliant,

So if there is anyone out there that would be willing to share their most prized secret recipie, I would love to have a go at brewing a batch..

Happy Drinkin!
Rob.

watson
4th June 2008, 08:13 PM
G'day Rob,
and welcome to the forums.
Are you brewing kits/partials or the whole sheebang??
PS 'cos its a woodies forum, the secret ingredient in every brew is a tsp of wood dust:U

Fireguard
4th June 2008, 09:53 PM
G'day,

I'm brewing from kits etc..... I wouldn't mind having ago at making my own wart, but SWMBO isn't really keen on the idea. (Mess/Smell etc)

Rgds
Rob

watson
4th June 2008, 10:21 PM
Ok then,
Here's an interesting one:
Coopers Canadian Blonde (chuck their yeast away)
1Kg dry Light Malt (used in place of sugar)
1 Sachet Safale Yeast.

Double decant before bottling
Prime each 750ml bottle with 1tsp CSR White Sugar
Store for 4 weeks at least.

Ramps
5th June 2008, 12:41 AM
FG
what sort of beers are you into

I'm into ales and darks

Not into blondes

let me know and I'll give you a couple depending on type and how dark!

Cheers

Fireguard
5th June 2008, 04:26 AM
I'm more of a lighter type beer drinker, more along the lines of Pilseners and Bitters and light Lagers, I also dont mind a wheat beer (mainly Redback).

bpj1968
5th June 2008, 09:59 AM
I don't know what ingredients you have tried, but I like to use as a base:

kit
500g dextrose
500g light malt
200g dried corn syrup (maltodextrin) It doesn't ferment much so it adds "body" so the beer doesn't taste watery and the head stays longer.change the ratio of malt/dextrose (total 1kg) to change the sweetness. More malt leaves a sweeter malty taste.

I like hoppy beers and put anywhere between 10-25g of hop pellets. I dry hop, which is throw the hops in before I put on the lid.

One I have going at the moment is
Coopers Bavarian (now European lager)
500g dextrose
500g light malt
200g dried corn syrup
25g of Tettnang hops. (dry hopped)

I have made this before and it comes out a bit like Boags St George. Last time though i put the hops in a jug and poured over boiling water and let sit for a while before adding to the fermenter. Brewed at low temp - 10-16 degrees as the kit does come with a real lager yeast. (This is shown by the letter "P" stamped with the batch number

Ramps
5th June 2008, 09:29 PM
Fg
fair enough
I'll hold off on the recipes then for a dark or ale thread
cheers

Bluegum
9th June 2008, 05:33 PM
I made this a few months ago and have just bottled another batch.

Its a James Squuire cloan for their amber ale,
1 can Morgans amber ale,
1.5 kg of light malt,
Safale yeast, but I used morgans,
Fuggles hops.

I fermentd it between 21 and 30 degrees, bottled and left it to sit for about 6 weeks before sampling.

If your after a wheat beer then try
1 can of Mutons Wheat beer,
1 brew booster,
200 grams of honey.

Try to avoid using a bush style honey as the eucalyptas in it somtimes will kill of your yeast.