PDA

View Full Version : Finally.... first real turning from the great white

killerbeast
4th June 2008, 10:23 PM
I finally had a little time to get some shavings off The Great White... and itīs a wonderful feeling that she just spins...

Bowl in slightly spalted maple finish is GrapeSeedOil and sanded to 220.

dimensions : 21 cm i diameter 7 cm high.. inclusions and spalting and some burl development...

Well let me hear what you think.. (and the foot is on purpose) pictures are distorted the relation between inside and out are good and thickness is consistent

Jarrahrules
4th June 2008, 10:32 PM
Looks great.:2tsup::2tsup: Nice job. The foot looks good to. are you going to oil it?

JAMC

killerbeast
4th June 2008, 10:35 PM
Itīs oiled.. Grape Seed Oil. great for kitchen stuff. well its for cooking so i cant be dangerous.. and itīs easy to freshen up just wipe on when washed .-)

littlebuddha
4th June 2008, 10:44 PM
:rolleyes:Well is that it, all the rant about the great white and all you have to show is 1 bowl, even the grass needs to get cut, no job got the sack, plenty of time to mow the lawn now,:wink: Bowls nice i like nice simple bowls, nice work, and its a nice bit of wood to, i reacon you got yourself sack just to play on the lathe..There she blows mobby. hope were going to see a lot coming of that white know you have time on your hands.:2tsup: LB

http://www.shapewood.co.uk

wheelinround
4th June 2008, 10:57 PM
Well done KB

you have just given me an idea to try
:2tsup:

Chipman
4th June 2008, 11:19 PM
KB, I like the shape and proportions of your bowl... it means it can actually be used!:2tsup::2tsup:

I finally decided on "little yellow" for my new machine (when it arrives) In the meantime, I am flat out getting my shed organised.. doing the concrete outside at the moment.

Chipman:)

killerbeast
4th June 2008, 11:29 PM
LB : he you looking to pick a fight:D yes the lawn needs cutting.. must get hold of my child laborer (kid next door mows my lawn) And the time to turn went out the window when i told LOML that lost my job... then my to do list vent from short to VERY long... and i also hope to make LOTS of shavings before i have to go back to work :)

WR : ?? you must be wrong im the beginner remember ... this is somewhare around bowl number 10 .... But looking forward to seeing what you make :-)

Chipman : Well... i was planing to do more of the cleaning and building racks and tables.. the bandsaw arrives in 5 days... but ... she was calling to me.. begging me to make a mess... (she won):B

littlebuddha
5th June 2008, 01:47 AM
Ras im sure you will find time to loads of shavings, and don't fight old men as they hit out with zimmy frames:Dbesides that if i break your fingers you will not use the great hwite for ages:D:rolleyes: now get the grass done. And pay that lad next door he might come and ask each time if you pay him the right wage. Bully:D:2tsup: Have fun LB

Rum Pig
5th June 2008, 08:53 AM
Nice bowl KB I like bowl's to have a bit of meat on them and I think your bowl has just the right amount.

artme
5th June 2008, 12:35 PM
off the Big White beast looks Ok to me.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:
Loves of our lives are not very undertstanding, are they Rasmus? Mine seems to think I should be available for every trip to the shops.!!!:D:D:D

orraloon
5th June 2008, 03:32 PM
I like the bowl too KB. Good traditional form and made to be used rather than sit on a shelf.

Regards
John

OGYT
6th June 2008, 11:46 AM
Nice bowl... even if it is #10. Great shape!

killerbeast
6th June 2008, 05:22 PM
Thank you All .. and yep i tend to go for something that can be used when i make roundish stuff..