PDA

View Full Version : GMC Right Angle Drill $20 at Mega 10

scooter
5th June 2008, 09:48 PM
Gday all :)

Someone (Vern?) mentioned this drill a while ago as being very suitable for use as a powered sander for turners.

Noticed in a Mitre 10 Mega newspaper ad that they have this unit in a kit for $19.95.

Could be worth checking out.

Cheers...................Sean

djfoggin
5th June 2008, 10:05 PM
got one f those scooter, its the dogs kahoonas for using with my pocket hole jig that i am using to build workshop cabinets, not a bad $20 with 2yr warranty

tea lady
5th June 2008, 11:16 PM
got one f those scooter, its the dogs kahoonas for using with my pocket hole jig that i am using to build workshop cabinets, not a bad $20 with 2yr warranty

Is dog's kahoonas a good thing or a bad thing?:?:D

TTIT
5th June 2008, 11:37 PM
I did post a thread a while back looking for a mini/small angle grinder but never found anything until recently - a mob here had a 2" air-angle-grinder which would almost fit in the palm of your hand. They were asking over $300 so they can keep it until I find a cheaper version :;

Is dog's kahoonas a good thing or a bad thing?:?:DDepends on whether they're still attached or not :o

robutacion
6th June 2008, 01:52 AM

Someone (Vern?) mentioned this drill a while ago as being very suitable for use as a powered sander for turners.

Noticed in a Mitre 10 Mega newspaper ad that they have this unit in a kit for $19.95.

Hi Scooter,
Could you please provide any link to that catalogue or even better a link to the store that sells them. I have one that come with a large numbers of drill bits, and all types a screw bits, Allen heads, etc., etc.. this has before last Christmas and I actually did a little review of this machine and its suitability for pad sanding. I was told that they were no longer in production, and I haven't manage to find any more of them any any other stores I contacted (and they were a fair few).
If someone got them, I would like to know and get their contact information for ordering maybe another couple of them or so, I have paid near $90 for that kit of mine so, if they are that cheap now, it would be an ideal opportunity for people to stock up, they work well and allow the reach difficult places with ease.
Scooter, could you please provide their contact information so that I can talk to them?

That would be appreciated
Cheers
RBTCO

djfoggin
6th June 2008, 11:10 AM
Its the pakenham mitre10 mega

djfoggin
6th June 2008, 11:13 AM
<TABLE style=" 100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=10 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>Mitre 10 MEGA Pakenham
58 Bald Hill Road
Pakenham VIC 3810
Tel: (03) 5941 1477
<!-- Email: General Inquiries ([email protected])
Email Kitchens & Bathrooms Team: Kitchen/Bathroom Inquiries ([email protected])
--></TD><TD vAlign=top><TABLE style=" 100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>Monday</TD><TD vAlign=top>7.00am til 7.00pm</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>Tuesday</TD><TD vAlign=top>7.00am til 7.00pm</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>Wednesday</TD><TD vAlign=top>7.00am til 7.00pm</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>Thursday</TD><TD vAlign=top>7.00am til 7.00pm</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>Friday</TD><TD vAlign=top>7.00am til 7.00pm</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>Saturday</TD><TD vAlign=top>8.00am til 5.00pm</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>Sunday</TD><TD vAlign=top>9.00am til 5.00pm</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

mugwoody
6th June 2008, 11:33 AM
Thanks for the heads up Scooter always happy to find these tools at the "right" price.

I have just been to the Edithvale mega store and they are not available there.

Suggest you ring and order them to hold for you I have just done.

Peter

Groggy
6th June 2008, 11:34 AM
I feel a road trip coming on...

robutacion
6th June 2008, 01:34 PM
Hi djfoggin (http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/member.php?u=15376),
Thanks you for providing all that information, most appreciated.
Is only once thing that is missing, there is, the catalogue part number, or the number of the tool in the shop shelf (bar code on tag). This is most crucial if you only have the option of contact them by phone, as you know, the people answering the phone will have no clue, unless you got their identification part/tool/item ready for them to put through the system and identify the correct item so, if you would mind after you went to the trouble of giving us the store name and contact number, would you please provide the refereed information if that is available to you?

PS: Could you please confirm if the one advertised looks the same has the one on my pic? thanks

Many thanks
Cheers
RBTCO<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_749605", true); </SCRIPT>

Groggy
6th June 2008, 03:05 PM
Not all Mitre 10s have the same price. My local store had them for $49.95. I had to use my very best hard done by, hang-dog look to get him to explain to the boss I'd driven all the way over to the store after hearing they were $20. They gave it to me for the $20, bless 'em :2tsup:.

Clearly not every store will honour the same low price.

EDIT: RBTCO, it is the same item in your pic, is called a RAD400 and comes with 100 accessories.

djfoggin
6th June 2008, 03:35 PM
its not a shelf/stocked item. the toolshop guy there used to work for gmc and they held a gmc expo 6 weeks ago and these are some of those. there are still air gun sets, router sets, torches, circular saws - etc if you speak to the tool shop guy he will know what you need.

djfoggin
6th June 2008, 03:38 PM
if they have any left i can pick up and bring to oakleigh

djfoggin
6th June 2008, 04:15 PM
Just checked my receipt and the mitre 10 ticket code is 536389 Drill Right Angle Kit $19.99.

robutacion
6th June 2008, 10:40 PM
Groggy (http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/member.php?u=5373)<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_749761", true); </SCRIPT> , yep that's him.
You are lucky, they accepted your "argument", I reckon it was well worth trip, huh?

djfoggin, Thanks the item number, always helps.
I will ring that shop tomorrow, but I already know what the answer is going to be...!
It will be interesting to know what their answer is going to be when I ask them, how many phone calls they had since today (Friday), enquiring and ordering that same item...!:D (invisible interested members:2tsup:) hahahah.

Cheers
RBTCO

Grumpy John
7th June 2008, 10:21 AM

Hi Scooter,
Long time no read, good to see you back. Floggin' the oppositions wares, don't let the boss find out :no:.

Cheers
GJ

djfoggin
8th June 2008, 12:27 PM
18 of those drills left at the moment

underfoot
8th June 2008, 02:55 PM
haven't seen any at local M 10,
is there any chance if someone is at M10 and sees one, could they get one for me? :)
will fix up asap with post pack and payment and throw in a small carving:)

Allan at Wallan
10th June 2008, 11:46 AM
Hey Groggy,

Re your "hard done by", "hang-dog look" that
you used in the store ... could you put a pic
on here for me to imitate, I want to ask the missus
for some money to buy a sheet of sand paper.

Allan

You can't teach an old mouse new clicks.

djfoggin
10th June 2008, 01:07 PM
underfoot,

i just picked up 2 for robutacion,there are only 4 left let me know asap if you want one.

david

underfoot
10th June 2008, 05:24 PM
YES please David,
if its not too much of a drama that would be great:2tsup:

djfoggin
10th June 2008, 06:53 PM
underfoot - picked yours up earlier toay, was the last one in store, pm details for delivery

david

underfoot
10th June 2008, 08:10 PM
PM sent David , cheers:2tsup:

Groggy
10th June 2008, 09:27 PM
Re your "hard done by", "hang-dog look" that
you used in the store ... could you put a pic
on here for me to imitate, I want to ask the missus
for some money to buy a sheet of sand paper.Practice some of these, she'll probably walk away though...

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:8W2P0qUyIhL4nM:http://i1.trekearth.com/photos/38835/old_man_crying.jpg http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:Csdw5gGi2QejhM:http://www.realtimearts.net/data/images/art/11/1145_bolt_jones.jpg http://www.rorypecktrust.org/images/Hamid%20OLD%20MAN%20CRYING.jpg

woodwork wally
10th June 2008, 10:02 PM
Hey Groggy I reckon you might be setting allen up mate She could take to him with a rolling pin or something else he may have turned I'd steer clear of them all regards WW Wally

robutacion
10th June 2008, 11:04 PM

Well, I believe it was me, the one to make the review (sort off) of the suitability of this drill type for pad power sanding, a few months ago!.

I thank you Scooter for initiating this thread, it not only helped me but there are another 2 dozens or so of people (mostly, this forum members:q), that did benefit from your alert, thanks!

And off-course, my most appreciation to djfoggin, for his dedication and generosity of not only keep as informed of "who's got what!" but also of going as far as purchasing some of these drills with his own money on someone else's behalf (all forum members), and have them also posted...! so, on my behalf and I believe on behalf of everyone who end-up benefiting of this "bargain", thanks mate! :2tsup:.

PS: "bargain", oh yes, I paid $90 for the only one available on a local store and anywhere I enquired about, including GMC web site, late last year, I've though then, it was a "good buy"...!:o:no::doh:

Cheers
RBTCO