PDA

View Full Version : woodturning room update

robyn2839
15th June 2008, 10:17 AM
getting there ,only have to line the walls with wrc,install two exhaust fans through the outside wall ,put a window in and get a door with window on top,install adjustable big gulp and vac outlet, later on a small aircon. cant wait to start turning again....bob

funkychicken
15th June 2008, 03:33 PM
I personally would opt for he opposite ie. Big open space with fresh air blowing through + dust exctractor.

Looks good though:2tsup:

Gra
15th June 2008, 04:18 PM
I can see the advantages of both, but I guess with the separate room, the dust and shavings are contained, so in theory, it will be easier to collect in the dust collection system, it will also mean that not everything in your workshop is covered in dust and shavings:2tsup:

rsser
15th June 2008, 06:00 PM
You have to be clear on what you're trying to do.

See the attachments and links on http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=73490&page=3

artme
15th June 2008, 06:05 PM
is looking good.
Are you going to also put in a freestanding air filter of the type made by Jet?

weisyboy
15th June 2008, 06:29 PM
that was quick. wasent log ago it was just an idea.:2tsup:

p.s. i like the lathe:2tsup::2tsup::D

robyn2839
15th June 2008, 07:10 PM
is looking good.
Are you going to also put in a freestanding air filter of the type made by Jet?
no i am putting a 14'' exhaust straight through the wall just above the lathe that will i hope expel any dust left in the air that the dusty misses,and one in the room the dusty is in to get rid of any fines that come through the dusty filters, plus the rest of the garage and house don't get dust everywhere

TTIT
15th June 2008, 10:59 PM
Looks like a lot of work but if it keeps you turning it will be worth it Bob :2tsup:

robyn2839
20th June 2008, 08:07 AM
nearly there,dusty in place finished plaster ,big gulp,just need a door and fit glass to window..bob

Rum Pig
20th June 2008, 09:19 AM
Apart from your dust collection there seems to be little air movement? What I mean is wont it get hot and stuffy in there I know it would in Darwin my shed has four fans going non stop when I'm working and I'm still not happy so I will be moving my lathe to the outside. It has room for a little window rattler that would top it off but as long as your happy and turning:2tsup: