PDA

View Full Version : Hey Girls?

lubbing5cherubs
17th June 2008, 04:35 PM
Been Quiet in here for a while how are you all going? What on the plans? What you building? or life interfereing with play?
Toni

tea lady
17th June 2008, 05:37 PM
No. I'm just talking to everyone. Not just the girls.:rolleyes:

echnidna
17th June 2008, 05:40 PM
and everyone is spying :p

tea lady
17th June 2008, 05:46 PM
and everyone is spying :p
So how's those scrolls going?:rolleyes:

echnidna
17th June 2008, 06:08 PM
the scrolls are ok but I'm having trouble with the decals, got the 3rd lot drying now.

RufflyRustic
17th June 2008, 08:28 PM
Hiya's All

Yes, life is interefering with play:( I've been re-organising and tidying the shed - nothing else to do as it has been so wet and damp here for the last month, so no progess on anything much at present:rolleyes:

cheers
Wendy

Claw Hama
17th June 2008, 10:23 PM
Hi girls and boys :U
Hey Tea Lady, my other feminine half was wondering how much you charge for your beads etc on your web site? Or do you only do wood work now?

wheelinround
17th June 2008, 10:38 PM
In support of the female wood worker I post Sue's weekend works the little golden one Conckerberry the other two are Quilla

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3088/2587145152_d88564241a_o.jpg

tea lady
17th June 2008, 11:35 PM
well! At least they won't take up much room in the house!:D

Hi CH. My beads are about $2 for big ones. $1ish for little ones. Buttons are $2 each as well. I still do pottery too. :rolleyes: Seem to spend a lot of time on the internet though. :doh:

Claw Hama
17th June 2008, 11:47 PM
Great, thanks Tea Lady, I'll let her know. That will earn me a good 1.5 brownie points. :;
The internet, everyone thinks it's the "net-work" but it's realy the "net" because you get caught on it if you look at it! Just put it down to Sales and R&D.:U

lubbing5cherubs
19th June 2008, 06:37 PM
In support of the female wood worker I post Sue's weekend works the little golden one Conckerberry the other two are Quilla

Tell Sue she is doing good
Toni:2tsup:

Moo73
21st June 2008, 10:11 PM
Hi girls (and lurking boys)
I'm counting down 'til end of July when an intro to woodworking course I've enrolled in starts. Its with Derek Wiffen at ANU in Canberra, 15wks of learning about playing with tools and wood... bliss
:D

tea lady
21st June 2008, 11:44 PM
I have been practicing my wood turning at the Community woodworking Shed. I've got quite a few things half done. They should be all finished early next week, so expect a flurry of pics from me then.:rolleyes:

flynnsart
4th July 2008, 12:39 PM
Hi all, been getting a little done on the house, now got veranda posts in, half of the veranda bearers and the intermediate beams upstairs, some of the studs on the gable ends, also been caught up in other stuff that interferes with my play time, so no time for creative woodwork. Sues turnings are looking pretty good. Love the conkerberry.

Donna

RufflyRustic
4th July 2008, 02:43 PM
Hi Donna,

Welcome Back! We've missed you. So glad the pc is working again.

Gee - that's not a little done on your house, that's a Huge amount of work!!! :2tsup::2tsup:

cheers
Wendy

JMB
4th July 2008, 03:39 PM
This is the vanity unit for our bathroom. Its made from Vic Ash and is finished with cabothane. The drawers have been finished internally with a liming stain and cabothane. The top will be a greyish piece of caesarstone, with a drop in basin.

JMB
6th July 2008, 11:29 AM
...and this is the frame for a fixed cupboard I have made for the bathroom that forms part of the shower enclosure. It will have sliding doors on the right side of the cupboard. Internally it will be lined in ply. Externally it will be covered with villaboard and then tiled. An excess of timber [and planning] went into the frame so that I could make sure the small tiles would fit exactly on the most important faces of the cupboard without the tiles having to be cut.

Paws
13th July 2008, 02:22 PM
Hey JMB, sorry for my slow response to your post but I haven't been around here for a long while. Your vanity is looking great, the drawers will give you lots of useable space. The built in cupboard also looks good and yeah think the frame should be strong enough!

Looking forward to seeing the bathroom when both cupboards are finished and installed.