PDA

View Full Version : Handles / Knobs

Richard
22nd July 1999, 11:43 PM
I am building a few jigs for my workshop (router mainly) however, cannot find an Aussie Co that will supply handles / knobs for the jigs !!!For nexample: round plastic knob, about 50-60mm dia. with a protruding threaded rod 6mm. PLLLease !!!! can anyone help?!?! also need a threaded insert into which the threaded rod screws. Can e-mail picture of product if you think it will help !! Thanks.

RETIRED
23rd July 1999, 08:38 AM
Richard, we made our own out of timber. The method was as follows: Turn or buy a knob (wooden, naturally http://ubb.ubeaut.com.au/ubb/smile.gif ), drill a hole and fit a bolt or piece of all thread of the required diameter and epoxy in the hole, we use fibreglass body filler. For the threaded insert we just use a "t" nut. Hope this helps.

------------------
Ian () Robertson
"We do good turns every day"

Richard
23rd July 1999, 11:10 PM
Great !! Thanks . I do not have a lathe hence wanting ready made plastic knobs. Have found a company that have a number of different ones. CORNALL MERCHANDISE, NSW
in case anyone is interested.They have the threaded inserts I spoke of also. They call them "Wood Shield Anchor Nuts"
By the way, this forum is a "Beaut Idea! Thank You