PDA

View Full Version : 4" Cube

lubbing5cherubs
29th June 2008, 07:07 PM
Hi This was a challenge it needed to be a cube and when finished resemble a cube this is my result. This was the closest I had a cube what do you think? The wood is qwila and it was sheer B@#$A% to get a polish or sanding on
bye Toni.

Manuka Jock
29th June 2008, 07:14 PM
Nice one Toni .
it looks rather Square to me :D

Ad de Crom
29th June 2008, 09:33 PM
Toni, seems to me very good, can't see the details, because the picture is to dark. Maybe you can do something about this with photoshop.
Ad

oldiephred
30th June 2008, 09:15 AM
Very good work but not sure I understand the objective. Were the requirements self made or given to you?

artme
30th June 2008, 09:20 AM
:2tsup::2tsup:Nicely made squircle or is it a cubicle? :D:D

lubbing5cherubs
30th June 2008, 12:09 PM
Very good work but not sure I understand the objective. Were the requirements self made or given to you?

Phred it was for a challenge on another board and the requirements were we had to start with a cube and we had to end with something but it was nessecary for it still at the end to notice it was a cube. I placed a link here (http://www.woodturnersresource.com/wrphotopost/showgallery.php?cat=596)if you would like to see. There is a lot better than me but I guess that why it called challenge so you try new things and push the boundaries but this one blooded me on three fingers those corners are sharp while they are spinning.
Toni

wheelinround
30th June 2008, 06:26 PM
Toni I am disappointed in it why no Rose engine work or is it just to dark and we can't see it.

Other wise great effort:2tsup::2tsup:

lubbing5cherubs
30th June 2008, 07:46 PM
no rose engine work on this one. Kind of by the time it split me knuckles were glad to get rid of it off the lathe
bye Toni

weisyboy
30th June 2008, 07:52 PM
its more original that the others. they all look the same.

lubbing5cherubs
30th June 2008, 08:20 PM
thanks Carl
Toni