PDA

View Full Version : !!!!!free Timber Alert!!!!!

Grumpy John
30th June 2008, 06:09 PM
Bonus time for anyone living in the Frankston/Seaford area, a whole bunch of trees on the north side of Thompsons Road between the Eastlinkfreeway and Frankston/Dandy Road were dropped late lest week and they're still there :oo:. I don't know what the laws are regarding roadside harvesting :no: but I've helped myself to half a trailer load and I'll be back on the weekend if there is anything left.

artme
30th June 2008, 06:29 PM
Nothing like a bit or road kill.:D:D:D

weisyboy
30th June 2008, 06:34 PM
nice. :2tsup:

Jarrahrules
30th June 2008, 07:25 PM
Bonus time for anyone living in the Franksto/seaford area, a whole bunch of trees on the north side of Thompsons Road between the Eastlinkfreeway and Frankston/Dandy Road were dropped late lest week and they're still there :oo:. I don't know what the laws are regarding roadside harvesting :no: but I've helped myself to half a trailer load and I'll be back on the weekend if there is anything left.

As long as you don't get caught there are no rules. Anyway this is the best way to get good timber. Most of the time they leave it there for people as they don't have to pay tipping fees.

JAMC

joe greiner
30th June 2008, 09:23 PM
Occasionally, one of my friends tells me, "There's some xxxxxx over on xxxxx road." I love to tell him, "No, there isn't." ('cause it's already in my truck.)

Nice variety of timber you got. Have you considered getting a larger trailer?:D

Joe

Groggy
30th June 2008, 09:24 PM
Nice score! :2tsup:

TTIT
30th June 2008, 10:48 PM
You guys are lucky they leave them laying around a while :doh: Around here they might as well fell them straight into the chipper they clean 'em up that quick :~:C Any idea what species you scored John?????

Grumpy John
1st July 2008, 08:27 AM
You guys are lucky they leave them laying around a while :doh: Around here they might as well fell them straight into the chipper they clean 'em up that quick :~:C Any idea what species you scored John?????

Hi Vern
Point 1. They usually chip as they go here too, the gods must have been smiling that day :D.
Point 2. Funny you should mention that Vern :wink:, I was going to post photos and get some help on that point. Will probably post on the weekend.

Cheers
GJ

rowie
2nd July 2008, 04:14 PM
had a quick look at pics, looks like some elm, gum, & wattle.

Stuart
2nd July 2008, 04:38 PM
That car looks familiar - like the one that was doing a roadside harvest in Cadles Road recently...... :D

Grumpy John
2nd July 2008, 05:36 PM
That car looks familiar - like the one that was doing a roadside harvest in Cadles Road recently...... :D

Not me, honest. Whereabouts in Cadles Road, is there anything left? I live just off Wedge Road, very close.