PDA

View Full Version : Davids Swap to me

Penpal
2nd July 2008, 12:00 PM
Dlim and I met and swapped at the WWW Show in Sydney last month and swapped, Dave indicated he was interested in Conkerberry and the one I had given was so simple I asked him to wait until I replace it with an outstanding blank that he can put in one of his upmarket kits. His finished work is exceptional, altogether one of the nicest people one could meet.

Peter:2tsup:

The timber is New Guinea Rose Wood related to Amboyna.

Matt88s
2nd July 2008, 12:13 PM
Wow, Nice Figure!!

Reminds me of a certain hammer handle I need to turn into pens...I'd forgotten about that. I think I have two now if I recall, but incidentally no more hammer handles for me, I plunked down the cash for an Estwing, a proper hammer, should last a lifetime, won't be breaking handles anymore. :C

:2tsup:

ss_11000
2nd July 2008, 04:23 PM
nice pen:)

that timber reminds me of some fiddleback blackwood i have turned:)

artme
2nd July 2008, 06:31 PM
I've not seen such beautiful in NGR before! Gorgeous pen! :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

PenTurner
2nd July 2008, 07:26 PM
Certainly an outstanding pen and finish. Amos:):2tsup::2tsup:

dlim2986
2nd July 2008, 07:35 PM
Wow! What a nice photo.

I don't remember the pen looking that good. Did you photo-shop it to make it better than it really is?

Let it be noted, Peter choose that pen in preference to Straight grain Brazilian Bloodwood which was in my preference a nicer looking pen.

Thank you again for the Conkerberry pen, did you want me to put up a photo? and thank you for the pen blanks.

David

Sawdust Maker
2nd July 2008, 08:25 PM
extremely nice:2tsup::2tsup:

ciscokid
3rd July 2008, 12:59 AM
I could stare at that all day. Nice pen! :2tsup:

Simomatra
3rd July 2008, 09:30 AM
Wow! nice pen and extremely nice blank

NewLondon88
3rd July 2008, 10:22 AM
I think it looks great. And yes, it reminds me of the fiddleback blackwood,too

Penpal
3rd July 2008, 10:22 AM
Please hold off on the pic of mine if promises were gold I would be holding a fortune but two sources promise unique Conkerberry I am waiting so I will make another for you to knock your socks off, I so like interesting Conkerberry they dissapear as I make them.
Thanks Dave. Peter:2tsup:
PS. In sheer frustration the pics of your pen handheld, pen on lounge floor, a little optical zoom , flash on camera, I use Googles Picassa2, and then VSO Image both freebies, reason for the cut off on LH Side is to reduce the sizing.

Pentastic
4th July 2008, 09:06 PM
Very nice fit and finish and love the grain of the timber:2tsup::2tsup:, Russ