PDA

View Full Version : Playing some sucesses and failures

lubbing5cherubs
5th July 2008, 02:36 PM
This is the results of playing me and my twin daughters. i made the box. We tried to blacken the finial with permanent marker well that went through everythign so we abandoned that and sanded off what we could they think it beautiful. I don't share there views so I guess tha tis personal preference. I then let them do as the please on the OT lathe and this si the results below. I then parted off and a huge OOPS I parted too high it now has a holy bottom. Which is dissapointing because the lid is the best fit I have ever done goes POP every time. But that alright i will continue to improve
anyway here is some of the lessons to look at
Toni

wheelinround
5th July 2008, 02:52 PM
Toni the bottom can you turn it out so you can fit a newer piece in it works well and often looks great love the whole piece great work.
Stu didn't use a normal texta its a special one

Manuka Jock
5th July 2008, 02:54 PM
Nice to get that POP sound Toni ......I have not heard that from my own work yet ... :rolleyes:
If the work was just yours , you could re-chuck it and tidy up the bits that annoy you ,
but ,
seeing as you are out voted by the rest of the creative team ,
ya gotta learn to love it eh :D

lubbing5cherubs
5th July 2008, 02:57 PM
Ray how do you turn the bottom piece just a disc and glue it in or is there a knack to this? As for the pen we realised it was different but Zoe wanted to try it. So I let her.

Jock,
no stick it in there room and I do not have to look at. LOL
Toni

wheelinround
5th July 2008, 03:25 PM
thats it Toni turn a disk and glue it in nice and neat tight fit turn this 1st

then

To turn the bottom out clean use a jam chuck or small pin jaws that will go inside the top very light cuts till the new bottom fits

OR use a Forstner bit to drill the size you need :2tsup:

its hard to see the desing on the outside any chance of emailing me the photo

lubbing5cherubs
5th July 2008, 07:23 PM
Hi Mate, been trying it can't seem to get it out in by email I will keep trying
Toni

artme
5th July 2008, 07:29 PM
Try fixing as others suggest Toni.

Great to see all this experimentation of yours. You are putting me to shame.:B:B