PDA

View Full Version : Safety Glass

Theborg
23rd February 2004, 09:10 PM
Hi all,

I have just bought some safety glass for a bathroom sash window which is yet to be installed.

How do I know I have been sold safety glass and haven't been jipped with normal glass (not that I'm a pessimist or anything).

Theborg.

Gumby
23rd February 2004, 10:12 PM
Hit it with a hammer, hard.

journeyman Mick
23rd February 2004, 10:20 PM
Unless you've bought it off some shonky bloke in a fly-by-night outfit it's highly unlikely. It's just not worth the possible legal ramifications further down the track if someone gets injured. One sure fire way to check: smack it with a hammer!:) If it breaks into a million pieces its the right stuff. Seriously though if you're really worried that the vendor was shonky you might try ringing up, playing dumb and saying that the glass is a bit too big and can they cut a bit off, if they say they can then they've ripped you off (it's not possible to cut glass once it's been tempered). Sometimes if you look at tempered glass with polarised lenses on and shift the glass at different angles you can see patterns in the glass. Hope this helps,

Mick

Theborg
24th February 2004, 10:34 PM
Gumby, I don't think so.

Mick, I have picked up the glass and it is stamped that it is safety glass so I am pretty confident it is.

Hopefully, I will never have the opportunity to find out.

Thanks for the advice.

Theborg;)