PDA

View Full Version : who will make me a Vanity Basin?

The Natural Fix
12th July 2008, 11:40 PM
Hi All. I don't really know where to put this so I have posted it in a couple of places.

I'm an Organic Designer who is out of time. I have been working part time on what seems to be a perennial renovation of our home for nearly 8 years!! My wife is pregnant and it's time to bite the bullet and just get some stuff done by other people because I no longer have the time to do it myself and the place has to be finished soon.

Here's the challenge........ We are after a wooden vanity basin for the ensuite. We have the vanity and the basin will need to sit on the top of it, not be fitted into it. I would prefer it to be made from native timber but not that fussy, as long as the timber has some character or burl or fiddle back. I'm not interested in straight grain. I love natural edges and odd shapes.

I was going to find a lovely lump of timber and carve one myself with my chain saw, but simply don't have the time. I'm interested in turned or carved or whatever..... Who's up for the challenge? You don't have to worry about the water tight finish - that's my concern and I have it under control.

I hope to hear from many of you.

Regards
Marcus

Replies here (http://www.woodworkforums.com/showthread.php?t=75608)