PDA

View Full Version : G'day from WA

shaver59
13th July 2008, 01:14 PM
Hi, gang my name is Stewie (Mother insists on Stewart). I am 62 and live in Bunbury SW Aus. where I am a window service man for Boral. As you can imagine I have an unlimited supply of wood and I do mean unlimited. All off-cuts of course mostly pine, some Karri, marri, jarrah. Plus recycled fences etc. I was born in Yorkshire UK and got the woodworking bug at school (the only thing I ever did any good in!). Married 40 years 2 kids 4 grandkids. Don't smoke, love Aussie red wine (helps me think, I think). I am moving into a new house soon on a bigger block so I am waiting for my shed to arrive. The house is not built yet but you have to get your priorities right don't you? I too like to make my own tools, jigs etc. At the moment I am planning a bandsaw, it seems it is not as hard as it might appear, so you watch this space and I'll watch my fingers!

Ad de Crom
13th July 2008, 08:43 PM
Hi Stewie, nice name, wellcome on board, and have fun, like we all have in this place.
Like it to see some pictures of your work, if possible.

Bye, Ad

ubeaut
13th July 2008, 09:54 PM
G'day Stewie - Welcome aboard, enjoy your stay.

Cheers - Neil :)

lubbing5cherubs
13th July 2008, 10:09 PM
Welcome Stewie, mums are like that we want our babies to use the names we agonise over to work out but you are the one that got live it so welcome
Toni

Yonnee
13th July 2008, 10:29 PM
G'day Stewie (I love the Family Guy:2tsup:) and Welcome. It's awesome being able to set up a shed from scratch. Have a look in the renovate forum at the Garden Shed thread. There's heaps of ideas, hints, suggestions and helpful people.

joe greiner
14th July 2008, 01:23 AM
Welcome aboard, Stewie. Similar to you, my Aunts and Uncles are the only folks who get away with calling me Joseph, to distinguish me from my late Dad, Joe Sr., except for official communications.

You will love this place - best in the world IMHO. And we demand pictures; without 'em, it didn't happen.

Joe

wheelinround
14th July 2008, 11:12 AM
Welcome aboard Stewie long time since I used that name for someone only time others used my full name was when I was in trouble :2tsup:

artme
14th July 2008, 11:24 AM
Welcome to the house of fun!! :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Touchwood
15th July 2008, 11:52 PM
Hi Stewie
I might be able to shout to you - I'm in Gelorup!! Happy wood working
JD

Wild Dingo
16th July 2008, 03:17 AM
Gidday Stewie!
Flamin eck how the hell have you been mate? Long time no hear from eh?

Soooo... a bandysaw yer needs?? well... have I gots a bargain for you me ol cobber!! :; Yess indeedy doodie I sure do! :2tsup:

18in several extra blades on a mobile base works a treat in need of a new home condition? in a word? AWEFLAMINSOME!! Mate its a absolute friggin beauty! :2tsup: price? $1400 :o comes even comes with a resaw blade one mean looking thing!!

Anyway mate did you ever get that boat built? Drop me a pm if your interested in the bandysaw or if you want to hook up sometime

Hell we could have what the yanks call an EBS!! (for the unknowing Elbow Bending Society) and get together every now and then... theres enough fellas here from the Bumbury area to fill the local to brimming :2tsup:

Shane

munruben
16th July 2008, 09:21 AM
Hi Stewie, nice to hear from you and welcome. You are in good company here and lots of advice when you need it. I have learned so much since I joined.