PDA

View Full Version : Off center totaly on center...

La truciolara
22nd July 2008, 01:35 AM
It has been ages since I paid a visit to one of my favorite forums, and I was missing all of you.
I have been entirely reconstructing the workshop and the school, and believe me it has been going very close to a nightmare.
I do not know how companies work over there, but here in Italy, they are very swift in starting the work and then they rush elsewhere. Therefore I have not turned for quite a while.
However you know my passion for off center turning, and hereafter you will see an off center example totally on center. That is to show that off center turning is not useful only for strange contorted turning.

This piece, turned by a french wood tuner Pascal Oudet, is made of a single piece of oak. The box was waxed, while the support was bleached with hydrogen peroxide.

I hope you like it as much as I do.

http://www.la-truciolara.com/forum/boulecube0T.jpg (http://www.la-truciolara.com/forum/boulecube.htm)

joe greiner
22nd July 2008, 06:04 AM
Claude, that is soooooo neat. Very well done, Pascal. And it's hollow too! (Claude's pic is actually a link, mates and matesses; when the link is open, click for the next image.)

I don't think Italy has a monopoly on unfinished work, Claude. We have a few businesses like your contractors. Heck, I'm getting halfway good at it myself lately. Good to see you back.

{By any chance, did you miss the "icosahedron ball" I posted in February? It was inspired by the piece you posted here in September. Here's a link:
http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=66558
Please reply there if you like; no point in hijacking the present thread.}

Joe

robynmau
22nd July 2008, 09:45 AM
I really like it:U

Cheers

Robyn

Cliff Rogers
22nd July 2008, 10:16 AM
Good one. :2tsup:

We have several 'works in progress' around our place not counting the ones I'm doing.

We have 6M of gutter on the roof to be replaced, that job has been measured & the gutter ordered but it is almost a 9 months old.
The painting has been in progress for almost as long.
We have a bathroom vanity on order that is coming up to it's 2nd birthday. :D
And the tiling job has been in progress for almost 4 years now. :rolleyes:

robyn2839
22nd July 2008, 06:03 PM
quite a challenge could do better next time but dont think there will be another time.i think it is important that you must have a proper circle, and exact centering, anyway kept me busy for the arvo...........bob

Ad de Crom
22nd July 2008, 06:42 PM
Claude, quite a challenge to turn this off center, would like it to do that, and well so perfectly, Talking about Pascal, oh yes he's a great woodturner, followed his work for a long time. I looked a long time to the picture, and really enjoyed it.
Woodturners are the most lucky people in the world, isn't.
Oh well contractors are the same in Holland, so there is hope for you.
Good luck.

Ad :)

artme
22nd July 2008, 08:32 PM
Wonderful piece Claude! :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:
Amazing what some of us can't yet do on a lathe.:-:-:-

Harry72
22nd July 2008, 11:27 PM
Tricky tricky!

Cliff Rogers
22nd July 2008, 11:54 PM
Fair attempt Bob. :2tsup:

OGYT
23rd July 2008, 04:27 AM
Wonderful piece! Wish there was a tute on this one! :D

Rum Pig
23rd July 2008, 08:52 AM
thanks Claude that is really something I have not yet tried off centre tunning but that inspires me to have a go:2tsup:

Sawdust Maker
23rd July 2008, 11:32 AM
Thanks for the post Claude, incredible piece :2tsup:

Well done Bob :oo: