PDA

View Full Version : Circular saw table

spargs
1st March 2004, 08:53 PM
Hey all I am new to this forum. I am keen on making a table to fit my circular saw and hence turn it into a table saw. I have seen numerous plans for router tables on the internet but cant find any for a circular saw. I am wanting to make a similar table to the triton ones. Anyone know of any sources where I can get plans or the like?
Thanks

GCP310
3rd March 2004, 10:16 PM
I have made a table for my circular saw. whilst its not pretty,it does the job, to 0.5mm accuracy.

it comprises of a peice of 25mm mdf that has a 8mm pvc insert routered into it. the circular saw mounts to the pvc insert.
i have also routered along the front and back, steel rules for calibration and an aluminium fence slides along two c channels.

i have made a riving knife and aluminium blade gaurd for it,but it needs a little work to make it perfect.

This is not a beginners first project. the insert was cut and routered using a cnc router to get the holes and slot for the blade in the right position. I work for a large joinery company, so any large jobs i cut at work. this table is used for mainly cutting small jobs at home. i just laid a floating floor and the table worked a treat. and with a 60 tooth blade, i got no chipping of melamine.

i will try to post some pics soon

NGK
26th July 2005, 02:35 PM
hi can you post some pic of it as i want to make the same thanks

GCP310
26th July 2005, 03:01 PM
Sorry mate, changed jobs and i now work for a commercial joinery mob, so no need for the homemade jobbie anymore.

it was de commisioned at the end of last year. to make room in the garage.

G

junkboy999
26th July 2005, 04:25 PM
Not sure if you can find a Pic of one. but I saw a table that held a saw up-side down while I was in germany. If was a Festool ( <spelling ) tool. It had a plate that held a jijsaw, C-saw, and a few more tool and thay all fit in a rack. I looked but could not find any of the info I had on them :(

LineLefty
26th July 2005, 04:49 PM
Be afraid, be very afraid.

NGK
26th July 2005, 04:56 PM
ok thanks anyway

MICKYG
26th July 2005, 06:03 PM
Spaargs.

Have a look at a homebrew saw I made and also the small saw fitted to an old triton router table which I used for a long time, Its not rocket science but very usefull.

Visit photo site: http://gallery.groov-e.com/

Regards Mike. ;)

junkboy999
26th July 2005, 07:44 PM
Spargs.
Hey I made a mistake. the tool Is not festool it is called Elektra Beckum and can be found here.

http://www.elektrabeckum.co.uk/eb/uk/en/produkte/radialpullsaws/flushmountedcircularsawuk333_0103330000.html

And I looked in a few old forums I use to read and found this link talking about the same thing. mostly it said the same." not a bad ideal but not a good one eather" here is a link to that forum

http://rcudev.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_1655244/printable.htm

There is a thread here too titled Bench Saw.

Gumby
26th July 2005, 08:05 PM
Why not nuy a second hand Triton on ebay. When you want to upgrade, sell it again. You'll lose almost nothing.

la Huerta
26th July 2005, 08:56 PM
i made a circular saw table with a little makita, i saw the tritons and thought ' i can make that' of cause it was not as good as a triton, but kind of did the job, i never got to buying a triton, instead picked up a good used 12in table saw for $350...you cant beat that for value compared to the price of a triton, and it will still need a circular saw which is going to have a limited cutting depth , my table saw cut is almost 4in !!!

la Huerta
27th July 2005, 12:33 AM
now don't get me wrong , tritons are still very good !...if you insist on building a saw table then just get a large piece of 25mm or more mdf and router out the hole for a pvc insert and when the saw is fixed in position , you can switch it on and carefully lower the blade into the pvc which will give you a zero clearance slot, then set your fence to the blade not to the mdf, you could add some tracks for the fence, a blade gaurd or whatever...plan everything first and post your ideas and pics here as it unfolds so everyone can addvise you along the way ...