PDA

View Full Version : Something very different

Mrs Woodpecker
31st July 2008, 09:22 PM
Hi Everyone,
We are off on hols tomorrow for 2 weeks. Have not told Vern yet, but hope to call and see him on the way home on Aug 16th. We are going to a wedding on Sept 13th, and I did these for the Bride and Groom, ( they are rellies so they won't be too picky I hope ) I know they are not totally perfect, though I tried so hard. The wood is Olive and the goblets came from the States. I love them, and can't wait to make some more.
Cheers to you all. Heading to Roma, Charleville, Tambo, Longreach so hope I can get some wood while in those areas.
Cheers,
Shirley

corbs
31st July 2008, 09:26 PM
They're really cool... I like them a lot:2tsup:.

Sawdust Maker
31st July 2008, 09:31 PM
What a b brilliant idea
I like very much

where did you get them?

PS don't be too hard on yourself, they look great :2tsup:

dai sensei
31st July 2008, 09:31 PM
Thet look really great Shirley :2tsup:

I've done something similar using glasses from the opp shop - $1 each, I just brake off the base. I then also use the base as a pen stand, so nothing goes to waist.

whitewood
31st July 2008, 09:36 PM
I agree, don't be hard on your self they look great. From one old F... to another it's great to see someone enjoy their hobby and getting on with life.

Ad de Crom
31st July 2008, 09:41 PM
Hi Shirley, very neat, the husband of a American female penfriend of me made them too.
After seeing his glass goblets with wooden stem which I liked very much, I had in a cabinet a familiar glass goblet, so I decided to make one for myself. What kind of glue did you use?
Enclose a picture of my version for you, was a big fun!!

Mrs Woodpecker
31st July 2008, 09:54 PM
Hi Shirley, very neat, the husband of a American female penfriend of me made them too.
After seeing his glass goblets with wooden stem which I liked very much, I had in a cabinet a familiar glass goblet, so I decided to make one for myself. What kind of glue did you use?
I used Bostik epoxy bond suitable for wood and glass.

Mrs Woodpecker
31st July 2008, 09:55 PM
What a b brilliant idea
I like very much

where did you get them?

PS don't be too hard on yourself, they look great :2tsup:
I got them from Craft Supplies, USA.

TTIT
31st July 2008, 11:07 PM
Looking forward to catching up again Shirley - will try and make sure I'm here.
The goblets look great :2tsup: What do the stems look like before you glue them in????

Skew ChiDAMN!!
31st July 2008, 11:18 PM
Very nice, I like the way the lines flow, Shirley. :2tsup:

The pic is a bit blurry, what's the motto on the decal? Any special meaning to it?

lubbing5cherubs
31st July 2008, 11:54 PM
they are beautiful. I would love to get some of them one day too they are just beautiful. Been bit concerned on how they would travel the distance.
bye Toni

ss_11000
1st August 2008, 01:09 AM
:2tsup: nice work shirley!!! that olive looks pretty cool, especially around the base:cool:

Mrs Woodpecker
1st August 2008, 09:30 AM
Looking forward to catching up again Shirley - will try and make sure I'm here.
The goblets look great :2tsup: What do the stems look like before you glue them in????
Vern, I will bring the instructions with me. I did not follow them to the letter as I did not like the shape - looked a bit too " stuck on " to me.
Regards, Shirley

joe greiner
2nd August 2008, 12:35 AM
Very nice, Shirley. I've seen a few of them, but they always gave me the willies about strength. I just consulted CSUSA's catalog, though, and they say there's a straight glass stem to fit into the timber stem. Much relieved.

Best wishes to the new family.

Good one from Ad, too. Zooming the image didn't help me either, Skew.

Joe

artme
2nd August 2008, 08:34 AM
Very well done Shirley.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup: