PDA

View Full Version : Table lamp

Ad de Crom
1st August 2008, 06:53 PM
Table lamp with a translucent birch shade, wallthickness a bit less than 2.5mm.
Made in the past several other lamps, which is one of my favorite turnings.
I leave the shade in his natural color.
The shade is tall 230mm, and 180mm at the base.
The foot is made of oak, and finished with two layers Glitsa, as usual.
The total height of the lamp is 330mm.
I have to show wip pictures of the shade, included a picture of the tools I use for my hollowing jobs.
Comments and questions are always welcome.
Cheers. Ad

artme
1st August 2008, 07:02 PM
A wonderful item and tremendous workmanship. Well doe Ad.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

TEEJAY
1st August 2008, 07:03 PM
Now that's cute :2tsup:

ficfac
1st August 2008, 07:29 PM
cool lamp! top stuff.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Sawdust Maker
1st August 2008, 07:44 PM
interesting

Nice work Ad

joe greiner
2nd August 2008, 01:09 AM
Excellent, Ad. Still too scary for me to try yet.

Joe

lubbing5cherubs
2nd August 2008, 07:39 PM
absolutely beautiful. Great job
bye Toni

Ad de Crom
2nd August 2008, 09:20 PM
Thanks to you all, for your very nice comments.

Bye, Ad

Claw Hama
2nd August 2008, 09:32 PM
Can't wait to see whats next!!!??? Sweat.

munruben
2nd August 2008, 10:13 PM
Really nice:2tsup:

littlebuddha
3rd August 2008, 06:23 AM
Nice Piece, i like this idea, will have to pinch the idea and make some:D sorry but i don't send money orders a thank you will have to do:D...nice on Ad...LB

Ad de Crom
3rd August 2008, 07:32 AM
Nice Piece, i like this idea, will have to pinch the idea and make some:D sorry but i don't send money orders a thank you will have to do:D...nice on Ad...LB

Hey LB, did you mean, I don't send you monye, would be very nice you did, that's something I can use, or did you mean, I don't send you monye orders. I'm affraid the last. :D
Anyway thanks for your attention.
Ad :)

littlebuddha
3rd August 2008, 07:50 AM
Ad you lost me, must be the time of night, like the idea will pinch it thank you, no money to be sent to you, im broke, but as i am pinching your idea and prepared to make some of them, useing my talent then i think its fair for you to send me lots of money as a thanks:D:2tsup: and if that works out ill copy everyones work they all send me money and i get rich quick....i should be so lucky:2tsup: cheers Ad..LB

Ad de Crom
3rd August 2008, 05:22 PM
Ad you lost me, must be the time of night, like the idea will pinch it thank you, no money to be sent to you, im broke, but as i am pinching your idea and prepared to make some of them, useing my talent then i think its fair for you to send me lots of money as a thanks:D:2tsup: and if that works out ill copy everyones work they all send me money and i get rich quick....i should be so lucky:2tsup: cheers Ad..LB

LB, you're right, it was almost bedtime, so I was not able to think so clear anymore, but I was joking of course.
Feel myself very honered, that you will pinch it, I'm broke too after a three weeks stay in Italy, so don't expect to get monye from me, what about of buying you a drink? :U

littlebuddha
3rd August 2008, 11:21 PM
Ad you can buy me a drink anytime, Hope the holiday was good..LB

Mollywood
4th August 2008, 01:08 AM
Wow! What a stunning lamp!
I'm not a woodturner, just a novice woodcarver, but I love the idea of a wooden
lamp shade.
Well done.
:clap3: