PDA

View Full Version : Unhappy with Channel 7's coverage?

Carry Pine
14th August 2008, 06:31 PM
Unhappy with Channel 7's coverage of the games.
The 'action line' is : 1300737507.

My gripe is:I don't care what type of dog these swimmers have at home, how many pictures Granpa has on the wall and I'm not really into digital recreations of sports- JUST SHOW US PEOPLE WHO ARE EMPLOYED THE RACES, WHEN WE GET HOME!

I appreciate the difficulty of a single parent raising a champion swimmer but to hear that a lady was 'both mother and husband' to one of our gold medalists was a bit much.

Carry Pine

mic-d
14th August 2008, 06:55 PM
It's the same every 4 years, crap parochial (sp?) coverage and too many adds and too much of the stuff you are talking about. SWMBO's p'o'ed because they only showed 2 Australian dressage tests last night, no international ones. Surely with 3 sd digital channels they could broadcast something different on each one?

What is the number for? do you get to speak to a human?

Cheers
Michael

BobL
14th August 2008, 07:31 PM
A little birdie told me they do this so they can pay a reduced licence fee to the olympics. Payment is by volume of material telecast so the less sport and the more crap they transmit the cheaper it is. I'm not a big TV watcher but some more of the sports (often with no aussies in them) would be worth a look.

Bleedin Thumb
14th August 2008, 07:46 PM
Hi CP,
I don't give much of a toss about any of it to tell you the truth, partly because of the boring,repetitive, parochial coverage and partly because I think that to achieve that level of competitiveness to get to the Olympics you must be an obsessed human being.

Why celebrate compulsive/obsessive behaviour?

BTW The red phone keeps on keeping on.:U

BobL
14th August 2008, 08:23 PM
Why celebrate compulsive/obsessive behaviour?

Errr . . . . . . is this a case of the pot calling the the kettle black?

Pheonix
14th August 2008, 08:28 PM
There was a lot of flack on 2UE this mornIng about the mundane attitude of Bruce Macavaney, like not getting excited about winning gold medals,etc,etc
Dejavu creeping in or nothing to get inspired about?. I think the latter.:(

weisyboy
14th August 2008, 08:37 PM
im just sick of the replays i dont need to see Stephanie rice win the 200m medaly every half hour:((.

what about the rest of the sports.

i would like to see the equestrain events for one.

Sprog
14th August 2008, 08:44 PM
Gee, I think I have strayed into the WHINGING POMS formum by mistake!!!!!

Carry Pine
14th August 2008, 08:53 PM
What is the number for? do you get to speak to a human?

Cheers
Michael

It's a number for feedback to Channel 7 on their coverage. Yes, there is a human who even speaks English and offers to 'convey your message to the relevant person.'

Some people I know would not fit into the category of 'relevant person'.

CP

Waldo
15th August 2008, 12:02 AM
One reason why I'm not watching 7 for the olympics, that a tonne of other reasons I could rant on about.

But, SBS - brilliant! :2tsup:

Sport and nothing else, no replays over and over again, no mindless boring brain numbing swimming, all the 'lesser sports' that 7 poo poos, and it's got foreigners playing in them - not just Aussies.

ss_11000
15th August 2008, 12:44 AM
hmm, sick of watching swimming!!! and repeats!!!

the hockey coverage aint bad except for when they cut to another sport or an add break :(

hey wiesy - i watched some of the equestrian the other day...never again :no: its worse than watching golf:(

Pusser
15th August 2008, 12:48 AM
I am not unhappy with Channel sevens coverage: I have not seen any.

Ashore
15th August 2008, 01:13 AM
You get what you pay for , how much does the seven telecast cost you
I have no idea what seven are allowed to telecast from the olympics , do you , how much did they pay and what events can they cover , I don't know , figuer they are doing their best , if you can do better :rolleyes: I guess you would be running a major TV stuido
Personally I like the weightlifting so have been watching sbs , but when the Aussies are performing the I go to seven they seem to cover most sports the Aussies are in :2tsup:

Tankstand
15th August 2008, 07:20 AM
Hopefully, oneday the olympics will be broadcast over a service with multiple channels where you can tune in to the "Archery" channel for example!

I know, tell him he's dreamin':rolleyes:

Bob38S
15th August 2008, 11:41 AM
Have just about worn out the knobs for 7 and SBS on my remote - when the mindless carp of adverts comes on I start my olympic sport of the fastest finger in the East.

I understand what pays for the program - but really, I hope that the boring, mindless, intelligence insulting rubbish which passes for advertising which is supposed to inform, influence your choices and encourage you to purchase continues - Yep, you read that correctly - continues - why because it save me lots of $$$$. Bear in mind that all of the childish, repetitive, catering to the lowest denominator costs heaps and that cost is added to the purchase price of what is being sold, whether that is a physical product or service provided.

Anyone who annoys me enough with their pathetic efforts automatically goes onto my do not go near/support/purchase list. You want my patronage, improve your act, be informative, be encouraging, make me want to purchase or at least convince me that it would be a good idea.

AUSSIE
15th August 2008, 01:14 PM
Why don't you all give it up and go and do more woodwork?
You will have something to show for the time wasted.
If you keep watching the crappy games,all you will have is a reputation
of a winger.No one is forcing you to watch it.
I know,it is hard not to catch it.Watch the news(using the word news loosley)
All you get is games.Nothing else happening in the world,just games.
Call me Buddy Holly (RAVE ON):doh::doh::doh::o:no::no::no:

Buzza
22nd August 2008, 10:35 PM
And now, as the Olympic Games come to and ending, we begin to hear the cheating stories come out. Children competing is one of them at this stage, and there will be others. I watched the boxing and saw a referee seemingly make the worst decisions I have ever seen, causing a French boxer to lose the match. The loser refused to shake hands with the ref or the other boxer, but did have his hand grabbed by the ref and forced to shake it before he ripped it away from him.

Because of the drug cheating and citizenship rigging, I gave up watching the Olympics seriously years back. :(

Next week, we will be able to watch our gardening shows and such again. :)