PDA

View Full Version : Grettings from Rhode Island

TomGT
20th August 2008, 01:20 AM
G'day All...from the smallest state in the U.S. and NO it isn't an Island. Been working
wood for only about a year now and making mostly Jazz and Gypsy Jazz guitar
bridges out of all types of exotic woods in an attempt to find the Holy Grail of tone.
Of course we all know that this doesn't really exist and is highly dependant on personal
taste so it could be a lifetime search. I would like to get into making solid body guitars
as a future goal. Talk Soon TomGT

Ad de Crom
20th August 2008, 08:24 AM
Hi Tom, welcome to the club. You live in the smallest state of the US, I guess Holland is smaller, but what the heck, Holland is the country I love to live in, like I suppose you in Rhode Island. Have fun here, oh yeah a lot of people from different country's walk around here, they are always very kind and helpful.
Ad :)

Ed Reiss
20th August 2008, 01:19 PM
Hi TomG...

Think you'll enjoy the guys in this forum....good sense of humor, friendly, and knowledgable.:rolleyes:

What part of Rhode Island?

Ed :D

TomGT
20th August 2008, 01:25 PM
Providence RI, the Capital and only starte that has a picture of our
former Mayor on a jar of spaghetti sauce. Where are you from Ed.
Tom:rolleyes:

joe greiner
20th August 2008, 11:33 PM
G'day, Tom, and welcome to the zoo. One of my old mates (from around 1947 or so) lives in Barrington, across the bay/river - former mechanic in industrial scales, now deals in antique bicycles and bicycle parts.

Nice riverside development you have in Providence, but kinda skimpy on street signs when I last visited several years ago.:rolleyes:

Joe

Ed Reiss
21st August 2008, 02:23 AM
Providence RI, the Capital and only starte that has a picture of our
former Mayor on a jar of spaghetti sauce. Where are you from Ed.
Tom:rolleyes:

I live in Palmyra....south/central NJ...right across from northeast Philly.

Ed:D

prozac
21st August 2008, 02:25 AM
Welcome Tom.

prozac

artme
21st August 2008, 10:02 AM
G'day Tom and welcome to the world!:):):2tsup:

Enjoy everything about these forums.