PDA

View Full Version : House warming

BernieP
20th August 2008, 11:32 PM
G'Day All

A couple of items for grandson & his fiance's house warming this weekend.
Cake stand silky oak, finished EEE and Glow, unfortunately glass dome is very high so probably a bit out of proportion, top separate joined to one piece base with spigot.
Second a pink ash bowl (sarsaparilla, aralia) finished with the same products.
Comments and critics welcome, have thick skin:U

Cheers
Bernie

thefixer
20th August 2008, 11:46 PM
Love the cake stand Bernie. Where did you get the glass dome from? I had some thing similar in mind but need a dome to work to.

Cheers
Shorty

Rum Pig
21st August 2008, 08:53 AM
Nice job:2tsup::2tsup:

You are Right about the glass dome looking a bit tall but I do not think that will matter and it may even look better with a big chocolate cake inside.:D

BernieP
21st August 2008, 10:08 AM
G'Day

Thanks for comments Rum Pig, chocolate and cream sounds good.

Shorty got them from a old bloke who has been collecting them for years, lost most of his sight so now selling them off, paid $15 each and bought two, think he has a couple left but not sure how I could get them to you, let me know if you want me to get one for you.

Cheers
Bernie

artme
21st August 2008, 10:33 AM
Great woork on both Bernie.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

The Bleeder
21st August 2008, 11:00 AM
Bernie,

The only problem with it being that high as i can see it, is that you have to bake bigger cakes but then is that a problem....

Steve

Ed Reiss
21st August 2008, 12:53 PM
Hi Bernie...

Lovely gifts you made for their housewarming!:2tsup:

The turnings look good. The only thing I would have done differently is to put a bead on the rim of the cake server, instead of having it flat.

Cheers,
Ed :D

BernieP
21st August 2008, 01:10 PM
G'day

Thanks for comments, and ED the bead is the answer isn't it funny how easy it is not to see the obvious, thanks.

Cheers
Bernie