PDA

View Full Version : Help Required

wheelinround
22nd August 2008, 03:05 PM
The Mayor Of Munruben has caught the turning bug http://www.woodworkforums.com/member.php?u=15464 is now disabled. :D

Is now the proud owner of a Lathe a pricely sum $$$$ was paid for it cost him a few drinks and an evening with a Nun......:rolleyes: she had to have been desperate.

His new Lathe came with a set of additional attachments

He will soon be making Balsa wood Pens :roll:

edit if the mods feel this is in the wrong place please move it.

munruben
22nd August 2008, 03:15 PM
Dont know what you find so funny about my lathe Ray, its serious sfuff. Must admit though I got a few doubts about the salesman telling me that is was the new MINI JET.:)

wheelinround
22nd August 2008, 03:19 PM
Salesman you told me a Lady of the Cloth swore on a stack of Bibles it was the Ultimate Lathe :U...............for a pom in sox n sandles

munruben
22nd August 2008, 03:22 PM
Salesman you told me a Lady of the Cloth swore on a stack of Bibles it was the Ultimate Lathe :U...............for a pom in sox n sandlesI told you not to tell anyone about that Ray:(:)

switt775
22nd August 2008, 04:31 PM
Does this mean no one is allowed to poke fun at a GMC lathe anymore?:D

Stuart
22nd August 2008, 04:35 PM
I knew there was something wrong with the GMC tool rest. It wasn't plastic!

wheelinround
22nd August 2008, 04:44 PM
Seriously John is after a Lathe and thought he had struck pay dirt

You guys had warned him against the GMC so much he was greatful.now he's looking at a Toolex MC 1000

Skew ChiDAMN!!
22nd August 2008, 04:50 PM
Still better than a B&D clamped in a bench vice. :shrug:

skot
22nd August 2008, 09:09 PM
By the look at that non adjustable tool rest, you may have to get use to 50mm dia pens or put up with a bit of chattering as the diameter gets smaller

Durdge39
23rd August 2008, 01:23 AM
Were the batteries included?

In all seriousness though, you might be able to turn some nice things out of... apples and other assorted fruits and vegetables, carrots come to mind.

Sawdust Maker
23rd August 2008, 12:05 PM
Did you buy the lemonade and get the lathe thrown in? :D