PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Canberra Timber & Working With Wood Show

Woodie Wood
27th August 2008, 05:46 PM
Hi Everyone,

This is Woodie from the Timber Shows!

The 2008 Canberra Timber & Working with Wood show is only a week away.

Featured at this year's show will be the Treasures in Timber Exhibition. Be inspired by the high standards of design, craftsmanship and finish on display. The ACT Woodcraft Guild’s annual competition showcases woodcarving, sculpture, furniture and other fine woodcraft.

Interactive Seminars & workshops will be presented by your favourite woodworkers -

Richard Raffan – designer, author & wood turning master craftsman
Richard Vaughan - designer, furniture maker, teacher, writer, panelist on the ABC's New Inventors TV program
Stan “the Man’ Ceglinski - entertainer, marital councilor & woodworker

The latest woodworking products will also be available for purchase and for those considering taking up woodwork as a hobby; there are opportunities to talk to members of local wood clubs who have displays at the show.

Dates: Friday 5 - Sunday 7 September 2008
Times: 10am to 5pm daily
Venue: Exhibition Park (EPIC), Mitchell, Canberra

Prices: Adults $15, Pensioners & Students $13, Children under 14 free with an adult.

Club Woodie members get $3 off the entry price - see website for more details.

www.workingwithwood.com (http://www.workingwithwood.com/)

See you at the show!

Woodie

mat
5th September 2008, 10:06 AM
Would have been good to have the website up to date with exhibitors and floor plan map.

Jim Carroll
5th September 2008, 09:45 PM
The website has nothing to do with DMG as it has been taken over by EEE

wheelinround
6th September 2008, 09:46 AM
Word with the takeover is not ONE but TWO Sydney TWWS next year one at Rosehill One at Fox studios.

ubeaut
6th September 2008, 09:54 AM
Humph... Still could have had it on as no one really knows about the takeover

We've been at the WWWShows since the very first show in Melbourne and I only found out about it a little over a week ago.

Least DMG could have done is put the final floor plan on the site and maybe done what they should have been doing all the time and put something on here for all to read.

Bit of luck the new people will breathe new life into the shows and listen to the people who attend (exhibitors and patrons) instead useless promotion companies and other outsiders who have no idea.

dave1963
12th September 2008, 07:52 AM
I noticed I could not find the things I was looking for,thought carbatec would be there,triton did not even show.
cheers Dave1963

Cruiserman92
24th December 2008, 11:03 PM
Glad I go through work otherwise I think I would have asked for my money back a very disappointing show this year, best stand was cape boatworks building the composite stripper - Must get to the Guillemot Expedition in 09