PDA

View Full Version : been a while ...

killerbeast
4th September 2008, 06:12 PM
well itīs been a while since i posted anything... but i have been swamped in work .. (and yes im still unemployed hehehehe)

but i have been hunting burls as you can see... 2 trailer loads og FREE elm burls..... so i have been bandsawing from hell... but also been turning small bowls pens and lots of bottlestoppers... the very bad picture is from my phone and are the 14 display stoppers i have sold latests.. most of all the other stuff was out the door almost before it left the lathe...... i will post more and better pics when i get them :)

the stoppers are for sale at one of the only danish pro turners.. his words where "great sence of shape, great finish a pro job"

wheelinround
4th September 2008, 06:16 PM
Well that'll keep you busy KB

Nice bottle stoppers too

Toasty
4th September 2008, 08:12 PM
Nice haul there, Beastie! Is there a Missus Beastie who gives you grief for bringing home even more wood?

killerbeast
4th September 2008, 08:20 PM
Yup :) she has put limitations on where i can have my stuff... just because i have around the front door, the garage, the shed, the basement shop, my office and the firewoodpile under the clothe lines... Hehe but i keep her happy with flowers and vine and the smile on my face when i make something new and present it to here... like a 3 year old who just made his first clay ashtray...
the spooky thing is that my first are alwys the bedst ones !! gallery quality... so she has all the best pieces...

Ed Reiss
5th September 2008, 12:20 AM
OK, I'm jealous!:C

Dutch Elm disease has pretty much wiped out the supply here in the north-east.

Nice load of burls, KB:2tsup:....how 'bout a pic or two when you get them turned.

Cheers,

Ed :D

prozac
5th September 2008, 01:17 AM
Nice Bottle stoppers. All different and all attractive. Like the simple display stand also.

Ad de Crom
5th September 2008, 01:26 AM
Rasmus, I like your bottle stoppers, and you got yourself a nice pile of wood.
Keep your lady happy.
Oh it looks like Holland where you live.
Ad :)

Rum Pig
5th September 2008, 08:58 AM
Nice score :2tsup:

You are so lucky to have so many places to keep your wood I have the edge of the drive way and the shed (lucky the drive way is 100m long:D)

Nice stoppers, Good variety:2tsup:

I just can not get my head around the pointy top ones. I have seen a lot of people doing them and they look great but I would not like to be the one that put's one in a bottle ouch:o

hughie
5th September 2008, 01:23 PM
Yup, I go along with all the comments and the wisdom of keeping the little Lady happy . :2tsup:

:brava great pick up on the burls, look forward to some pics on your finished work

killerbeast
5th September 2008, 03:10 PM
the stands are very simple . American walnut with 7 16 mm holes, and the edges just trimmed with the sander.

and the Dutch Elm disease have killed more or less everything in denmark also.. :( but i have some in stock, and the burls are from a very large pile of them...

AD : yep holland and denmark are not that far from each other.. in culture and climate..

Rum Pig: they are not that pointy hehehehehe and unless you have the urge to whack them in to the bottle itīs not a problem ...

Hugie : I promise ... have a nice big slab of elm burl 40X40X10cm that i plan og attacking next week if i have the time..