PDA

View Full Version : Another one

Richard0470
4th September 2008, 10:54 PM
Just tried a new system, 50/50 Cedar / Cork, variety is the spice of life. Pre clear coating of course. Just incase anyone is wondering, with the newly recieved information compliments of Joe Greiner I will attepmt to make something other than fishing floats...... Not sure yet, maybe a bigger float??!! Thanks Joe, by the way i'm drawing up new plans (just so my machinist doesn't get bored) to make a face plate.....:2tsup:

Rum Pig
5th September 2008, 09:08 AM
Once again nice job:2tsup::2tsup:

I can see the practical side of theses ones but I still like the one in your other post for looks.

Did you turn the cork or did you carve it, if you did turn it how was it to turn:?

Still no photo of the fish:no:

hughie
5th September 2008, 01:15 PM
Hi Richard,

You had better watch out, this turning addiction is gonna severely curb your fishing. :U

nice one :2tsup:

Richard0470
5th September 2008, 08:42 PM
Rum pig, a friend had said that sandpaper was all that was needed to shape it and he was right so i started with a 240grit, but was too slow so dropped to 80 then 180 then 360 and it came out a treat. Finally finishing with 800 wet and dry, dry of course.

Richard0470
5th September 2008, 08:51 PM
Hughie,

I did have the lathe where i keep my boat, but the wife said pick 1, you can turn or you can fish, not both!!?? whats a man to do, so now my boat is down the coast and the lathe is on the balcony! Best of both worlds.

Sawdust Maker
6th September 2008, 08:56 PM
Hughie,

I did have the lathe where i keep my boat, but the wife said pick 1, you can turn or you can fish, not both!!?? whats a man to do, so now my boat is down the coast and the lathe is on the balcony! Best of both worlds.

:o:o
:thumbup::thumbup:
:clap: