PDA

View Full Version : used lathe

RobertS
18th March 2004, 07:50 AM
this is my first post on the site so if i am in the wrong place forgive. i am planing on going to look at an older rockwell lathe today after work. i don't know much on it yet such as a modle # or anything. he told me over the phone that was a older one made from cast iron and that i could turn something 36" long and 12.5" in dia. does any one have an opinon on these lathes. i have only been turning for a short while, and my uncle as been teaching me some thinks on his old craftsman lathe so an older lathe would be no problem for me. any help will be appreciate it thanks.

DarrylF
18th March 2004, 08:30 PM
There's the odd US or Canadian around here, but most of us are Aussies - and we don't really get Rockwell over here. Might get some joy on www.woodnet.net or one of the other US based forums.

They're a pretty friendly bunch around here - even to Yanks :) - but you might have more joy there.

RobertS
19th March 2004, 12:37 AM
thanks darry for the reply being from the deep south i would have to say that is the first time i have ever been called a yank

RobertS
19th March 2004, 12:39 AM
man i screwed up before i got finished sorry man. i feel stupid i didn't realize that i was on a australia form my bad. i will leave you boy down south alone later.

JackoH
19th March 2004, 08:45 AM
What?!:confused:

Bob Willson
19th March 2004, 12:58 PM
The drugs have just started to really kick in. :)