PDA

View Full Version : Hi Guys

Frankmc
8th September 2008, 08:38 AM
Hi Guys

I have been lurking here for a few months so thought i better introduce myself....
Got interested in cnc stuff about 10 year ago when i worked for a company who built cnc laser cutting machines...Im a sparkie who dabbles in electronics and home automation and after seeing what you guys are doing i want to build a little cnc router .;-) Would be great to machine prototype boxes for some of my projects.....I,ll be lurking for while and in the meantime just drool over the great work you guys are doing....Im currently following Zoots thread with great interest at the moment as it looks like its something i could build (the main frame anyway) ;-)...

Frank
PS....Would be nice to have an intro thread ???

rodm
8th September 2008, 10:10 AM
Hi Frank,
Good to have new input into our little world of CNC. Now laser cutting is something a lot of us might get into as the cost of these units comes down with the Chinese manufacturing.

snowyskiesau
8th September 2008, 12:10 PM
Hi Frank,
Like a few others here, I'm still working on my first CNC. The range of machines built by some of the members here are awsome but to my knowledge, no laser cutters - yet.

P.S. There is a G'day thread here (http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=175).