PDA

View Full Version : Turncrafter Pro VS

musky
18th September 2008, 11:14 AM
Hello all, I am new to the sight. I have been looking to buy a lathe for a while now. I use to turn some fishing lures on an old lathe years ago, and wanting to get back into turning. I think I am going to go with a midi/mini lathe for now so I can go ahead and buy one without having to save for a year or so. Most of what I want to turn I can do on one of these anyways. I really like the jet 1220 but I could only afford the lathe and nothing else with it. I have been searching online for a couple of weeks now and the best deal I could find in my opinion is the PSI Turncrafter Pro VS. It seems to have gotten pretty good reviews from some other message boards. I found it on Amazon for $246 with free shipping. Does any of you have an opinion on this lathe or know a better deal on this or another lathe out there. At this price I could afford the sharpening set, grinder and maybe even a chuck to go with it.

Thanks
Jeff

Ed Reiss
18th September 2008, 12:43 PM
Hi Jeff...and welcome!

I have tried out the Turncrafter over at MLCS (Penn States' showroom). It ran nice and smooth and it is built substantially. If I didn't already own a Carba-Tec mini, the Turncrafter would be right up there for consideration. The Amazon price sounds great.

Good luck.

Cheers,
Ed :D