PDA

View Full Version : Computer Drawing Program.

Gary Parker
27th January 2000, 11:09 AM
I am looking for a drawing program for drawing future projects i.e. cabinets, desks, chairs etc. I have tried Corel Draw 7, but this program is difficult to learn and use. A basic program probably would be best. Any suggestions?

bobmundy
27th January 2000, 09:08 PM
Gary,
Suggest you look back in the Aust'n WWork
mags. There were some suggestions for suitable programs. You need a basic CAD program.
Good luck with your projects.

------------------
Bob- You won't get a second chance to make a good first impression...

bobmundy
27th January 2000, 09:09 PM
Gary,
Suggest you look back in the Aust'n WWork
mags. There were some suggestions for suitable programs. You need a basic CAD program.
Good luck with your projects.

------------------
Bob- You won't get a second chance to make a good first impression...

Rod Smith
27th January 2000, 10:49 PM
Hi Gary
I believe that IMSI, the makers of Turbo Cad give their 2D software out for free these days. I have found Turbo Cad fairly intuative to use and the help very good. The program is capable of far more than you will need, but this doesn't necessarily make it complicated to use, although like all software there is a steep learning curve. Delta give out a free Cad as well, but it may be imerial only? Good luck. Rod

------------------

Richard
29th January 2000, 10:03 PM
Gary, try "www.woodweb.com" then choose "Software Connection" Appears to be a good bit of free shareware. Am trying some of it myself. Good Luck !!

Gary Parker
7th February 2000, 12:36 PM
Thanks for the replies. I now have a copy of IMST's Total Cad 2D-3D, purchased from Harvey Normans' $25. After only a short time I am having success.

allan
2nd April 2000, 09:12 PM
Hi Gary,

I have used a CAD drawing program called Autosketch for a couple of years now to design furniture. Its simple to use, fairly cheap at $195 [latest version] and you require any special skills to use it. I'm happy to send you details if you email me

Cheers

Allan