PDA

View Full Version : Can some one make one of these

jonesy007
30th September 2008, 10:43 AM
Hi all i am after a pot plant make which makes them out of newpaper. Is some one able to turn on and i am happy to pay for it. Attached is a picture I would give it a go but i don't have a lathe. I am after one that makes only small pots for seedlings of trees and vegies so the end size would be about 50mm x 50mm

Thanks
Jonesy

Barry_White
30th September 2008, 12:15 PM
Why not buy a wooden rolling pin and cut one end off it. In fact if you cut both ends off it you can make twice as many twice as fast.

Rum Pig
30th September 2008, 12:20 PM
hi Jonesy
How dose it work, is it just like Barry sugested you rap the paper aorud it or is it a press thing:rolleyes:.
Either way I'm sure someone will take you up. I would but I have a back log of thing needed turning:(:).

robyn2839
30th September 2008, 12:38 PM
if you give me a better idea of how they work, and sizes i will make you one , as i am going down to kempsey on friday so i could leave it somewhere down there...bob

jonesy007
30th September 2008, 01:26 PM
Hi all thanks for the offers and help. Bob it work by wrapping the news paper around it and then you press the round base on and it closes in the bottom. Here is the link it is from but I think the price is a bit of a rip off http://www.greenharvest.com.au/tools/propagation_supplies_prod.html . Over all size it is about 150mm high and the part you wrap the paper around is about 50mm high the bottom i am not sure of.

Cheers
Thank for your offer to I live in Nambucca so you will go past me or i work in Kempsey so I can pick it up from down there if you are able to make on in time

joe greiner
30th September 2008, 10:46 PM
If I'm not mistaken, you soak the newspaper before wrapping two or three layers and the "bottom." To enhance production, the core might work better if it has a slight taper ("draft") of a few degrees. I'm surprised Barry didn't mention that.

{Add a vent hole drilled to the bottom, to facilitate release.}

Some baking flour (or something like that) might be added to the water for soaking. Google [papier mache] for better advice.

Joe

robyn2839
1st October 2008, 04:41 PM
here goes hope this is ok ,unsure how bottom works ,may need to modify ,will pm whereabouts on the weekend or a drop off point..........bob

jonesy007
1st October 2008, 10:41 PM
bloody ripper thank you so much bob