PDA

View Full Version : Sturdee Push Shoes

Sturdee
29th March 2004, 10:19 PM
Here is the latest in the Sturdee range of shop aids, namely push shoes for use with table saw fences or in my case with mine adapted Triton Mk3 fence ( see http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?s=&postid=49820#post49820 ).

I made two push shoes. The first just rides on top of the fence with the adjustable side pushing down on top of the workpiece. It is adjustable for height and to assist in gripping the part it is in contact with it has a sandpaper face.

The second one is similar but designed for cutting narrow pieces. The distance between the edge and the fence on the adjustable side is 100mm an easy to remember measurement to add to the dimension of the piece to be cut when setting the fence. Also this one has an adjustable top which can slide out and clampdown on a small piece and eliminating kickback.

The first photo shows the push shoe parts of the one that dushes down on the workpiece.

Peter.

Sturdee
29th March 2004, 10:23 PM
And this shows the first on in use on the fence.

Peter

Sturdee
29th March 2004, 10:25 PM
This is the push shoe for ripping small pieces in parts

Sturdee
29th March 2004, 10:27 PM
And in use on the fence without the clamp top extended.

Peter.

Sturdee
29th March 2004, 10:28 PM
And with the clamp top extended.

Peter.

Sturdee
29th March 2004, 10:32 PM
Adjusting the Sturdee push shoes is easy, they slide along the fence very well and moves the cut piece well past the sawblade.

It eliminates the use of push sticks and keeps your hands well away from the sawblade and does not interfere with the blade guard making the use of the tablesaw a safer operation.

Peter.

Driver
30th March 2004, 10:57 AM
Great work, Peter. This is a really good safety mod.

Col

Ben from Vic.
30th March 2004, 04:44 PM
I vote we rename this section "Homemade Tools and Jigs, by Sturdee"

Another great one. :D

Ben