PDA

View Full Version : Drill press speed chart

rsser
13th October 2008, 03:57 PM
This might be useful for newbies.

It was posted a while ago but a week is a long time in forum-land :rolleyes:

To get a better image, try right-clicking on it, save it to your desktop and open from there.

If that doesn't work, email me at ern at reeders dot net and I'll send you a bigger scan.

hughie
14th October 2008, 09:25 AM
very handy I always have one lying around in the shed

DJ’s Timber
14th October 2008, 10:25 AM
Good reminder Ern :2tsup:

In fact I have a PDF of that file of which I have attached to this post as it can be viewed full sized :;

rsser
20th October 2008, 05:44 PM
Noice. Thanks DJ.

... just came across p2 while cleaning up in the shed! Glad to see you had both.

Ad de Crom
20th October 2008, 06:03 PM
Em, very handy chart. I use such a chart since my practical technical education in 1953.
I wonder if this practical education, for sure it was in that time, still excist.
Ad

rsser
20th October 2008, 06:33 PM
Glad you found it useful Ad.

Down Under technical/practical/vocational education at the secondary school level has had its ups and downs courtesy of government policy.

When I started secondary school in Queensland at about age 12 we were required to do woodwork, metalwork (which was only sheetmetal) and technical drawing. Tech drawing I found the most useful later on being able to understand terms such as plan, side elevation and so on. After that in a different school system I also had to take some woodwork classes and encountered a teacher who took a personal interest in my interests.

There is some resurgence of policy interest in practical/manual education in the state of Australia in which I now live. Surprisingly, one of my medical students matriculated from a private school which required a subject in this category in the final year of secondary schooling.

My father did a Diploma of Civil Engineering in Holland and the curriculum included 3 languages. Impressive. (Well, he liked it; others may well have gagged!).