PDA

View Full Version : Cheap 'T' tracks

Bob Willson
31st March 2004, 03:58 PM
Rockler is having a sale on 'T' tracks at present.

Click here to go there (http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product_details.cfm?&User_ID=21732667&sku=5209&cs=1)

They are also giving free delivery to Australia if the order is worth over US$50. At least, they gave it to me. :D

The price of $20 for a 4 ft track plus all the handles and bolts make it a better deal than making up Sturdee hold downs. :)

DPB
31st March 2004, 07:11 PM
Bob, if you are correct about Rockler giving free delivery on orders over $50.00 that is indeed a bargain. However, I suspect as you are providing an "overseas" delivery destination, they have not yet calculated the freight costs.

Normally, they process the order showing no freight, then after they calculate this, they send you and email asking you what shipping option you wish, and then add the cost of delivery to your charge.

It is normally the freight that is the killer. Let us know if you actually do get away without paying freight.:)

kenmil
31st March 2004, 08:02 PM
DPB has summed it up nicely. That is exactly how Rockler works. You can expect an email in the next 7 days offering you the choice of surface or air mail.

Bob Willson
1st April 2004, 05:45 AM
Oh Bugger, I thought that I was getting an exceptionally good deal there. Ah well, if the whole lot comes to less than A$100 I will still be happy.

Sturdee
1st April 2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Bob Willson
The price of $20 for a 4 ft track plus all the handles and bolts make it a better deal than making up Sturdee hold downs. :)

Bob,

I am intrigued why buying T-track with handles and bolts would be a better deal than making my hold downs?
Can you elaborate please as my hold downs don't use any T-track.

Peter.

Bob Willson
2nd April 2004, 04:46 PM
Ah, sorry Peter, it was a difference in nomenclature that was the problem. What you refer to as knobs, I refer to as hold downs. I just had a look at what you are calling hold downs and of course there is no relationship between one and the other.

Now, if we could even buy the proper ‘T’ track here in Oz then I would be prepared to pay the $20 for a 4ft length even without all the knobs etc. This would mean that I would, essentially, be getting the knobs for free. As such, they would compare favourably with the ones that you make.

Incidentally, everybody else was correct because Rockler sent me another email that bumped the price up to $107. And to achieve this, they were going to cut the 4ft tracks in half to make a smaller parcel. This means that all up it would cost me about $130 plus various duties/taxes if I were unlucky. Not so good after all. :(

ozwinner
2nd April 2004, 05:03 PM
Do a search for t track as this has been done to death before.

Sturdee
2nd April 2004, 06:00 PM
Thanks Bob, I am no longer confused :D

As Ozwinner says if you do a search for T-track ( or sailtrack ) you will find the specs I posted for the track sold by Capral which cost $ 10.95 for a four metre lenght.

Peter.

kulk
8th July 2004, 08:04 PM
After much searching for T-Track I at last found a source

Maytec have a suitable section not exactly a rectangular internal, but they also supply T-nuts to suit the track, and some coach bolt heads may fit. It comes in 6mt lengths and costs $10 per mt. the nuts are $3 each from action bearings in Victoria, but is also available in other states.

kulk

Craig Gordon
30th August 2004, 02:22 PM
If you guys have trouble finding T Track you can always have a look at F or H track from truck supply shops. Just rip out your angle grinder and cut the extra rail off.

Cheers,
Craig Gordon

Dustman
13th September 2004, 10:57 PM
hello

this mob in sydney have t track

www.mcjing.com.au (http://www.mcjing.com.au)

24" for $18.00 with knobs
according to my cat.

they also have lots of other wood and engineering stuff

give them a try

dustman

rev
14th September 2004, 12:12 AM
Hi Dustman,
Welcome aboard!
I can't find what you are referring to online. Could you please give us an item no. from the catalogue?
Cheers