PDA

View Full Version : purchasing a planerTthicknesser

jow104
31st March 2004, 06:38 PM
To any would be purchaser of this type of machine be aware!!

My equipment arrived yesterday direct from the manufacturer via a carrier, it weighed 74 kilos. The carrier was on his own without an hoist or trolley. He did with my assistance but slight reluctance load it on to my own trolley but left me at the gate.

The equipment needs legs attaching when box is opened (the manual says turn it upside down to attach legs!! and then I need to get it upright)

The reason for this thread is to recommend that it would be a good idea when purchasing this type of equipment that the retailer or supplier is requested to supply some assembly support.

Anybopdy local to help?

Gumby
31st March 2004, 06:51 PM
Thanks for the advice but here in Oz we just pick them up in the ute, take 'em home and carry 'em to the shed. SEEZY :D

Bob Willson
31st March 2004, 07:02 PM
I usually get the wife to do any of that lifting and moving stuff. She may be small but she gets there eventually.

AlexS
31st March 2004, 07:56 PM
What Gumby said. Planer/thicknesser under one arm, table saw under the other. Let the kid carry the dust collector if he's been good at pre-school.

Gumby
31st March 2004, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Bob Willson
I usually get the wife to do any of that lifting and moving stuff. She may be small but she gets there eventually.

No how I do it Bob, the wife is carrying the slab !