PDA

View Full Version : new home for my lathe

robyn2839
17th October 2008, 05:40 PM
well after all the trouble i went to to build my turning room i found a great place last sunday,exchanged contracts wednesday, yahoo finally a big shed away from the house
so no dust in house problems,noise problems,3 phase power,9x6m and a 3x6 garden shed for my timber storage,and a heap of big trees that would drop large limbs during storms, jacaranda,lillypilly,gums,silky,and some i dont know what they are except they are big, cant wait to get in, this is the second house i have bought that the owners have purchased mine am going to do a wip when i get started ..............bob

wheelinround
17th October 2008, 07:01 PM
Congrats Bob nice place :2tsup:

Is the WIP.....around to help pay for it:p :U

:? How big was your old garage/shed Bob if new one is 6x9 I presume you mean metre not feet giving you a 30ftx19ft :o workshop

Ray

Ad de Crom
17th October 2008, 07:22 PM
Bob, looks like a holiday place, congrats.
Ad :2tsup:

funkychicken
17th October 2008, 09:10 PM
Coolies:2tsup: Will everything be settled when I drop in soon?

Manuka Jock
17th October 2008, 09:16 PM
I like ya style Bob ,
bugga just getting a better shed , get a better shed and with house thrown in for good measure :2tsup:
Now thats a turning addiction :D

cheers
Jock

robyn2839
17th October 2008, 09:20 PM
Congrats Bob nice place :2tsup:

Is the WIP.....around to help pay for it:p :U

:? How big was your old garage/shed Bob if new one is 6x9 I presume you mean metre not feet giving you a 30ftx19ft :o workshop

Ray
my old shed is joined to the house and is 5m x 5m and i must keep room for bosses car in case of storm,went out to new place today and measured shed and it is 12m x 6m which is more than double,and on just under 4000 sq metres of land far enough away from anyone to bother them.

and funky chook ,i wont be there yet i dont think..........bob

timberbits
17th October 2008, 09:32 PM
You might have a problem of having to spend lots of time cutting grass and cleaning the pool. This may result in spending less time in the workshop.

Ed Reiss
18th October 2008, 12:27 AM
OK...I'm green with envy, but happy for you! :2tsup:

Congrats on finding a terriffic place.

hughie
18th October 2008, 09:58 AM
sigh............oh my....I wish, I wish

wheelinround
18th October 2008, 10:25 AM
my old shed is joined to the house and is 5m x 5m and i must keep room for bosses car in case of storm,went out to new place today and measured shed and it is 12m x 6m which is more than double,and on just under 4000 sq metres of land far enough away from anyone to bother them.

and funky chook ,i wont be there yet i dont think..........bob

Bob regardless thats an extra 10ft in length :rolleyes: room for more tools with just enough for the little ladies auto. You could always add a carport to the front or side Bob.:;

So noise isn't going to prove a problem at 3am :U

munruben
18th October 2008, 11:46 AM
Great news Bob, is it far from you old place?. well not so old but you know what I mean.

robyn2839
18th October 2008, 01:06 PM
Bob regardless thats an extra 10ft in length :rolleyes: room for more tools with just enough for the little ladies auto. You could always add a carport to the front or side Bob.:;

So noise isn't going to prove a problem at 3am :U
not an extra 10 ft, its an extra 22ft and 3 ft wider, and her cars going nowhere near it she has a carport at the other side of house, to the other question from munruben it is about 4- 5 ks away...........bob

Harry72
18th October 2008, 05:44 PM
Congrats Rob, Im kinda doing the same thing(getting away from neighbors)except starting with a blank sheet of paper... 41000m2!(only 2ks out of town:))

robyn2839
18th October 2008, 05:52 PM
Congrats Rob, Im kinda doing the same thing(getting away from neighbors)except starting with a blank sheet of paper... 41000m2!(only 2ks out of town:))
thought about that myself but getting too much starting new gardens etc,done it 5 times
soon as trees grow we leave..bob